Thread: Windows Live One Care update error

Windows Live One Care update error

My windows live one care is not working properly. Last night I was online. Then in morning when I clicked on Windows Live OneCare it gives error message to update it. I tried to update it then it shows it cannot update. The error was 0X0400407. It not working. It was fine before but I can't understand what is the reason now. How can get Windows Live OnceCare work. What is this update error. If anyone knows please reply soon.

Re: Windows Live One Care update error

Try reinstalling the application in your system. Reinstalling may can fix the issue. I think your system has some viruses. First uninstall the application and scan your system in safe mode. Then reinstall it. If your not able to uninstall the tool use Once Care Clean up tool. Download it and run. It will remove one care completely from your system.

Your system is affected by virus. These virus blocks the windows updated utility. I will suggest you to restore your system by system restore utility in system tools. Whenever you install a new software a restore points is created in it. Try to restoring it older time and see weather the problem is solved. You can also go on to the microsoft website and download the latest updated for the one care. This update can be installed manually. Removing and installing back again can also work.

There are multiple reasons behind your problem. The cause can vary as per situation. I posting some of it. Refer them and look out weather were is the problem. The first can be if your trying to connect to internet through and authenticating proxy then you update can fail. If you computer date and time is wrong the update can fail. The simple way is to perform a system restore. If you are using internet via download accelerator your update can give error. See weather some of it can help your out.