Thread: Free Microsoft Word Download

Free Microsoft Word Download

I have a new PC now that I built on my own by gathering some hardware knowledge and getting help of friends. The only software that I am missing currently is the MS Word that I require for making notes of various college projects. So I dont want to spend on complete MS Office program as the other things in it are not as useful for me.

Is there any way by which I can download only MS Word and use it for free? Or can I get only MS Word out of the complete setup free? Or is there any other alternative?

Yogesh Guest

Re: Free Microsoft Word Download

There is no MS Office free download available. Not even its variants like MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint.... these variants are never available separately.

Talks related to illegal methods of downloading any licensed software is considered unethical and is not entertained on TechArena. If I find that your intention of asking this question is bad, this thread will be closed and you will be banned. So keep this topic in its legal limits.

You can use KOffice as an alternative for MS office. KOffice is an office suite (word processor, spreadsheet, presentation program, flowcharting application, image manipulation program, business report generation tool, formula editor, graph and charting program) for the K Desktop Environment (KDE). It runs on systems that are supported by KDE (like Linux).

For what you want, Open Office is free and, more importantly, totally legal to download. I have used the word processing and spreadsheets and am a big fan, especially as they are free. Not much different than Microsoft Office.

If you are not asking for pirated software or anything that breaks copyright laws here, then there is also Abi Word that is similar to MS office. Abi Word is a free word processor that supports Microsoft Word documents, Blocked Ad OpenOffice documents, WordPerfect documents, Rich Text Format documents, HTML web pages, etc. Supported platforms include Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, and QNX.

Abi Word

can i download ms word