Thread: My internal Speakers does not goes off

My internal Speakers does not goes off

Hi,
    I have a compaq presario notebook. It is around a year old. The problem is that when i plugged desktop speakers in the laptop the sound from internal speaker does not goes off. Both internal and external are playing sound. I tried this with my earphone also. When I insert it the earphone in the laptops it stills give sounds. They are not going off automatically as it use to happen before. What is reason behind it and how to fix it.

Re: My internal Speakers does not goes off

I think you need to show your laptop to the service center. They will fix the error. Basically it is a kind of hardware flaw. Both of your speaker are playing. Whenever you insert a speaker or earphone it bypass the supply to the internal speaker. And the sound comes out with the other medium. The process is not happening. You internal speakers are not going off. So better you must show it to a service center.

Update your audio drivers. Right click on My computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manage. In the sound coloumn check out the codec listed. Right click on each of them and select update driver. Restart your system and try it again. If it prompt your for windows cd then insert the cd in the computer. It is also possible that the jack of your earphone or speaker is not able to bypass the supply. Change the earphone and check it out.

Is your laptop got wet by some liquid. If yes then probably there is a short circuit in the mother board. Due to which both the speakers are playing. It is a hardware error. It is also possible that the connector of medium does not supports the internal settings. I would recommend you to show your system to a good technician. The same happened in my system also some time before. In my laptop my switch or port by which we connect the external speaker was malfunctioned. Your can be the same also.