Thread: How to transfer Mini DV to computer

How to transfer Mini DV to computer

hie,
    I need to transfer Mini DV videos to my computer. How can I do that ? Can anybody help me giving information for the same ?
    thanks

Re: How to transfer Mini DV to computer

The DV connection is Firewire.... hence you will need to get a Firewire card in your computer, and also the appropriate connection cable aw well.

WindowsME natively supports Firewire..... so once you fit the card, WinME should install the correct driver. and you should be able to transfer mini dv videos to your computer easily.....

I transferred the mini dv vids to my PC by undertaking the following steps -

• Connect camera to PC and turn the camera on
    • Start Adobe Premiere Pro
    • Open a new project - Select the appropriate Presets (NTSC or PAL)
    • File >> Capture (or press F5) - the Capture window opens up
    • Select the "Setting" tab >> select DV/IEEE1394 Card >> press OK - the Capture setting shows "DV/IEEE1394 Capture"
    • Capture Locations for audio and video is "Same as Project". This means the clip(s) that is been capturing is stored under the "Path:"
    • Select the "Logging" tab - the default name for the clips appears as well as where the clips will be stored
      Note - the "Scene Detect" is way in the bottom right. Click on it to select. When this is selected, Adobe Premiere will create a separate clip for each separate shots. If not, it will create one HUGE file of your entire clip. By separating each "take" into separate clips, this makes your editing easier
    • Now Play - the video starts playing in the capture window.
    • Press the "Red" button (or press "G") to start the recording.
      Note - at the top of the capture window, it should say "Capturing ...." and the timer counter should start to roll
    • After this, press "ESC" - A "Save Captured File" dialog box pops up asking you to enter the name of the file. Enter one and press "OK"
    • Now the file(s) will appear in your Project window

Look, I had Adobe Premiere Pro but for any other editors, you can perform the similar steps....

First connect your camera to the computer with a firewire cable (IEEE 1394, i-Link)
    Next transfer your MiniDV to your computer
    Finally edit the video with freeware Windows Moviemaker or more professional software like Adobe Premiere or Pinnacle Studio.

WinDV is a small Windows utility for DV (FireWire digital video) input/output. It's an easy to use Windows application for capturing videos from DV device (camcorder) into AVI-files and for recording AVI-files into DV device via FireWire (IEEE 1394).

Main features -
    • small & handy <100kB one-file WinDV.exe
    • input / output - capturing from DV device to AVI files (both type-1 and type-2 supported) and recording vice versa
    • no dropped frames - memory buffering
    • automatic AVI splitting according to the timestamps on DV recordings - every video sequence can be saved into unique file
    • easy AVI joining - record multiple files joined to the DV device just using wildcards
    • preview of transmitted video in the window
    • free - you can download it and use it as you like at no cost