Thread: Temperoray files in Recycle bin

Temperoray files in Recycle bin

I am running windows vista os in my computer. There were some temporary files in the recycle bin. I emptied it but after a moment of time it appears back again. There was only one file before. After a couple of days when I open recycle bin those file increase to 40 in number. If i don't delete them they will keep on increasing. How these files are created automatically. I cleared up my recycle again. It is just irritating to delete these file again and again. Is this a virus or something. But on the contrary there is no virus detected in Full System Scan.

Re: Temperoray files in Recycle bin

Temporary files with extension of .tmp are created automatically due to several programs. For example you have a word document in your system. Whenever you open the file a .tmp file is created to save your work in case if the system shut downs. These files are deleted automatically from the system after use. It is not a virus. The default location of temporary files is C:\Recycler. You can delete all files from there. Or better run the disk clean up utility of window to clear this file. Go to Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup. It will clear your .temp file from your system.

First you will need to check out weather your System Restore option is turned on or off. To check this out do the below steps :
    • Go to Start Menu > Control Panel
    • In Control Panel > go to System Tab > then Restore
    • Check weather it is on or off.
    • Uncheck the System restore off tab.
    • Reboot your system

There are multiple third party software which cleans up the temp file regularly. This files are termed as virus. They are process files which are automatically created and deleted. Like you can use Temp File Cleaner. It is a freeware tools. It cleans up you unwanted temporary files. Other than this you can schedule windows disk cleanup utility which clears up the .tmp files at a regular interval.