Thread: hotmail not working in outlook 2007

hotmail not working in outlook 2007

Hello, I have got outlook 2007 trial version and I also have a hotmail account which I cant seem to use with outlook, it tells me that my password is wrong although I use the same password to log into hotmail. Why I cant sync my hotmail account with outlook 2007, can anyone sort out this problem for me.
    You scratch my back I'll scratch yours.

Re: hotmail not working in outlook 2007

You have to set up a POP3 to sync outlook and hotmail. However you can refer to this topic made on Sync Hotmail with Outlook 2007.

To use Microsoft Office Outlook Connector, download and install OutlookConnector.exe.

After installing, start Microsoft Outlook, and Outlook Connector will prompt user to enter Hotmail email address, password and sender name to tag with outgoing email. Once the information is entered, a new Hotmail folder will be added to the Outlook’s Mail Folders tree. Expand the Hotmail node to access Inbox, Drafts, Junk E-mail, Outbox, Sent Items and etc. In Calender and Contacts, there will be new addition of calendar and contacts in Hotmail address too.

To sync the email in Hotmail and Outlook, just click on Send/Receive button, or it will automatically receiving and sending email based on the preset interval. It’s also possible to use and access multiple Windows Live Hotmail or MSN Hotmail account with Microsoft Outlook Connector. To do so, click on Outlook Connector pull down menu on the menu bar, and then select Add a New Account.

Have you tried creating a new Outlook mail profile (don't copy the old outlook mail profile) via the mail applet in the control panel? If this fails, I would ask if you could try a new operating system user id. The reason why is that we need to determine if the problem is as you say a registry problem, but is it specific to your userid or is it system wide.