Thread: Manage Permission on MS Project 2007

Manage Permission on MS Project 2007

I want to restrict Read and Write access to projects only to the Project Owner and the Project Team....How do I do this....other project owners should be able to see projects published by other project teams

Re: Manage Permission on MS Project 2007

An Access project is an Access file (.adp) that provides a direct, efficient connection to a Microsoft SQL Server database through the OLE DB (OLE DB: A component database architecture that provides efficient network and Internet access to many types of data sources, including relational data, mail files, flat files, and spreadsheets.) component architecture. You can connect an Access project to a remote SQL Server database, a local SQL Server database, or a local installation of the SQL Server Desktop engine.

After you connect to a SQL Server database, you can view, create, modify, and delete tables, views, stored procedures, user-defined functions, and database diagrams by using the Table Designer, Query Builder, and SQL Text Editor tools in Access.

You manage the project and MS Project 2007 will only support you with with the information that You feed into it. Initialize the project before starting it. When you start the project decide the scope, resources, budget, time-plan, identify external/internal stakeholders, identify assumptions, do your risk-plan, start staffing the project.

Hello, I am trying to do the same thing in Project. Did you ever find a solution? I saw the reply about Access user accounts but was looking for a way to set up a similar thing in Project. Any insights you have would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pshetty View Post
    I want to restrict Read and Write access to projects only to the Project Owner and the Project Team....How do I do this....other project owners should be able to see projects published by other project teams

Hi folks,

Did you folks ever get an answer of how to set project level permissions ?

Thanks