Thread: Error message "Record is Deleted" in Access

Error message "Record is Deleted" in Access

Hi,

I have created a database in Microsoft Access and now when i am trying to access any table, or run any query in Access i am getting an error message as

Msaccess can't open the table in datasheet view

I don't know why i am getting this message.Can anyone help me out with this.

Re: Error message "Record is Deleted" in Access

You are getting this error message because either the object or the whole of your database is being damaged.It might also happen that many users are modifying same data simultaneously which leads to error message.I would suggest you to repair the database by using Compact and Repair utility tool.But this issue with this tool is if the database is damaged very high then it won't repair it.

Thank you for replying me can you tell me what steps i need to follow in Compact and Repair utility tool, because i am using this tool first time and have near come with such kind of issue.

To overcome from Record is deleted error message you need to follow use the following steps with Compact and repair utility.

1. Open Access 2000,over here click on Tools menu and now goto Database Utilities, and then click Compact and Repair Database.
    2. Now in the Database to Compact From dialog box, locate and then click the database that is generating the error messages, and then click Compact.
    3. In the Compact Database dialog box, select an appropriate folder location for the new file, give a unique name for the file and then click Save.