Thread: Internet Explorer loads and freezes, get following errors

Internet Explorer loads and freezes, get following errors

When I open IE it hangs. I am unable to use any of the drop down menus to attempt a reset. This problem began with IE 7, I installed IE 8 and the same problem still occurs. When I load IE 8, I get a pop-up that says, "Your last session of Internet Explorer ended abruptly, would you like to continue with your last session?" Then I get 2 options, continue with last session or load home page, neither work. Eventually, it times out and I get the error reporting page. Here is the error information I get:

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7d8a.dir00\iexplore.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7d8a.dir00\appcompat.txt

I was hoping that installing IE 8 would solve the issue, since it removes old versions of IE, but it appears my computer doesn't even see IE 8 when I attempt to load. I go to my IE root folder and click the icon for IE 8 exe., same problem

I have run full, in-depth scans for spyware and viruses, the computer appears to be clean. BTW, I now can not remove IE 8. When I attempt to through the control panel, there is no option for removal.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Internet Explorer loads and freezes, get following errors

Hey!
    Well first clear your cache and remove all the temporary files. Clear files from the following folder first :
    Run
    Code:
    temp
    Run
    Code:
    %temp%
    Try to run a Registry cleaner software if you have one or download ccleaner. Its free. Then reboot your computer. Right-Click on IE icon click properties. Navigate to different options and load default settings or reset settings wherever there is an option for it. Now apply changes and reboot your computer once again. Now try browsing. What do you see? Post back if your problem is not solved.

All these problems strongly indicate the occurrence of errors on your system. I would suggest you to run some powerful antivirus to your system. Which Antivirus are you using ? I recommend Kaspersky Antivirus with its latest version. Check whether the problem is solved with this...If not, then try using some other web-browser like Opera or Mozilla Firefox.

Dr. V Guest

This is not a spy ware / virus issue this is a corrupted profile. Backup the user data from the profile by renaming it to Example C:\Documents and Settings\administrator.old ECT make sure that you have turned off hide protected files and show hidden system files then log back the problem is gone I have done some researched on the issue and this is a consistent fix. this is due to because some temp files become corrupted due to a delay in login or a system failure during login or any other

Edit: it happens more often when using roaming profiles on a network server.

Thanks for the fix ideas, I'll let ya know how it turns out.