Thread: Color change for Power Point slide shows

Color change for Power Point slide shows

I saw a interesting PowerPoint presentation last week in one of seminar. The presentation was a slide show of images with music, but the interesting thing was the images were in Grey and after few seconds they turn in color.

I hope you got what i wanna say. So i also use to work on PP and would like to do that. Could any one of you can make me know how to do that ? Please.

Re: Color change for Power Point slide shows

Yeah, i got the meaning of your sentence. You even can do that. So here is the way to do that:-

First of all you need a freeware called Fast Stone Image Viewer.It is an image browser, converter and editor that supports all major graphic formats including BMP, JPEG, JPEG 2000, GIF, PNG.It has a nice array of features such as image viewing, management, comparison, red-eye removal, emailing, resizing, cropping, color adjustments, musical slideshow etc..

1. Now assemble the pictures you want to include into the slide show in a new, separate folder. It is useful to number (rename) them 1, 2, 3, etc.

2. Open this folder with the free Fast Stone Image Viewer

3. For each picture, pick a common size (e.g. 960x720) in Edit > Resize

4. For each picture, go to Edit > Grayscale. File it (when you click on the next picture it will come up) as 1a, 2a, 3a, etc. Now the picture file is all set to go.

5. Open PP, go to Insert > Photo Album > Insert Pictures from File > navigate to your folder > highlight all the color pictures > Open > Insert

6. Now for each picture go to the Design tab > Background Styles (on the right) > Format background > Fill > Picture or texture > File > double click on the corresponding B&W picture > Close.

7. For each picture, highlight the picture in the big window, go to Animations > top left where it says “Animate”, set to “Fade”. This step should be done together with step 6.

8. For timing, in Animations, set Transition Speed to “Slow” and “Automatically After” to 8 -10 seconds, then “Apply to all” (important).

9. For music, in Animations open “Transition sound” > other Sound (on the bottom) > pick your music file (must be in WAV format).

Thats it... You are done !!!

Remember that after importing the sound file, do not click on apply to all that would restart the music with each slide.

The WAV files are huge. Whereas your whole PP slideshow may be 3 to 4 MBs, inserting a music WAV file may add 40MBs to it. But there is a way to make PP accept a .mp3 file. Heres the tip:-

The technique is to add a header to the .mp3 file that will convince PowerPoint that it is actually a wav file. Although this will change the file name to "something.wav" the file remains an mp3 file, the same size as the original and will play in PowerPoint as an mp3 file.