Thread: Is it possible for me to remote control WMP over network

idea Is it possible for me to remote control WMP over network

Hello Friends,

I would like to know that is it possible for me to control the media player on my desktop over the network. Is it possible for me to do so? I'm having a 5.1 setup across the room. Can any one provide me the solution for doing so? Any kind of information on the above issue would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Is it possible for me to remote control WMP over network

Most of the implementation available, controls the Windows Media Player on PC. They use either ActiveX controls or send commands to WMP window using PostMessage. But for PocketPC, neither the ActiveX controls work, nor sending of commands to WMP window using PostMessage works. Anyone have any idea of an alternate implementation or a correct implementation of the above to remotely control WMP in pocket PC.

Remote Easy IP Finder 0.1

This program allows you to find the Dynamic IP Address of your home or office computer when your away. Simply download and install this small program (287k) and it will monitor your IP address. When your IP address changes it will be logged and sent to our server. From any computer login with your username and password to see your IP address. Great for use with Microsoft Remote Desktop Web Connection and IP Security Cameras.

1-2-Remote is a remote control software for you Pocket PC to control Windows Media Player or iTunes on your PC anywhere in your apartment! No matter if you are throwing a party, laying in the bath tub or chilling on the chair with 1-2-Remote you have always got the fitting sound at your fingertips. You don't even have to get near to your Desktop PC! Features:- All basic functions of Windows Media Player and iTunes are remotable (Play, Stop, Pause, Forward, Backward, Shuffle, Repeat, Volume, Timeline, Time display. Additional Features Several skins, Playlist management (create, edit, delete), Equalizer, Fullscreen mode and mini-mode.

PlayerPal v4.2

Browse, search and control your PC's music from anywhere on your home or office network. Turn any networked device with a browser into a music remote. Liberate your music from those boring lists and see them as real albums with their cover art. Use from your Sony PSP, PDA, PC, laptop, Mac or any other device with a browser. PlayerPal includes three different looks (skins). One for use on the Sony PSP, one for use on a PDA (like the Dell Axim) and one for use with desktop browsers like IE, Firefox and Safari. You can also create your own skins if you want to. PlayerPal is the perfect companion for iTunes and Windows Media Player. It reads your existing music library so you don't have to make any changes to the way you manage your collection. It is also ideal for use with one or more AirPort Express'. PlayerPal will give you the AirPort Express remote control you always wanted. You can do the following things with PlayerPal: search your albums and tracks, find a random album or track, add music to your playlist (by year, genre, artist, album or track), browse your music (by album art, artist, year & genre), view album art, select playlists, change settings (loop, shuffle and volume), stop after playing x more tracks and create new skins. Free your music.