Thread: Fix a PST File With Outlook’s Inbox Repair Tool

Fix a PST File With Outlook’s Inbox Repair Tool

I am using Ms office 2007 on Vista OS. Whenever i am trying to open .PSt file i get this error message, 'Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. Errors could have been detected in the file drive:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst."

I saw a man fixing this problem with Outlook’s Inbox Repair Tool. Could you all make me know how to do that ? Please its urgent.

Re: Fix a PST File With Outlook’s Inbox Repair Tool

To fix this error navigate to this path using Windows Explorer:

'Program Files'Microsoft Office'OFFICE12

• Now, inside this folder, you're looking for this particular setup file: "Scanpst.exe" When you run the .exe, you'll need to Browse... to your current .pst file and hit Start
    • The Inbox Repair Tool will now scan the corrupted .PST file for errors
    • If your PST file is recoverable, you'll see the repairable errors show up in the scan results. To fix them, select Repair.
    • Once the repair finishes, Outlook creates a "Recovered" version of your .pst file, and you need to tell Outlook to use it rather than the old, damaged or corrupted .pst file.
    • Next, you'll need to point Outlook in the right direction, namely at the recovered .PST file.

Start Outlook Normally. If Scanpst.exe wasn't able to repair the .pst data file, you may need a stronger repair tool.

To repair the .pst file:-
    • On the Start menu, click Run.
    • In the Open box, type

drive:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\LocaleID\scanpst.exe

where LocaleID is the locale identifier (LCID) for your installation of Microsoft Office. For example, the LCID for English (United States) is 1033. For a list of LCIDs, see Microsoft Office Help.
    • Click OK.
    • In the Enter the name of the file you want to scan box, type the path and file name given in the error message above.You may not be able to use the Browse button to locate this file because it is located in a hidden folder.
    • To change the options for logging errors during the scan, click Options. If you choose Replace log or Append to log, the log file is saved to the same directory as the .pst file.
    • Click Start.
    • When the file scan is completed, select the Make a backup of scanned file before repairing check box.
    • Click Repair.

Thanks for the help guys... I'll try this steps and back to you if i got any problem.

Thank you..