Thread: How to disable copy paste option in vista

How to disable copy paste option in vista

Hi Everyone!

I am a owner of a cyber cafe & wanted to dissable a copy paste option in vista so customers can't take away any of the files with them as i charge for each writing CD or USB.

So please help me with the easy method of disabling copypaste option in vista.

Please Help

Re: How to disable copy paste option in vista

Ever faced a situation when someone used your system and copied some data which you didn't want to share with him? Your answer would be "YES". Almost all of us face this situation. We all have some private data or some software which we don't want to share with others. But we can't do anything when our friends or relatives copy them from our system.

If you say we can hide the data, then how much data will we hide? We can't hide everything and many power users know ways to access the hidden data.

Above situation is only a single example. Sometimes someone can also delete a file from your system which was required by some program or someone can delete your important documents. What will you do in that situation?

Don't you want to have some kind of program which can restrict "Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete" operations in Windows, so that no one can copy, delete your data?

Here we are going to share a very small and portable application which does the job perfectly.

Its a standalone EXE file. You just need to run the file and it'll disable the Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete functions.

Now whenever someone will try to cut, copy or delete a file/folder, nothing will happen. No keyboard shortcut will work. So your data would be safe.

To enable the operations again, open "Task Manager" and select the "Stopper.exe" file from the list. Right-click on it and select End task or End process option.

You can change the EXE name to something else like "kernel.exe", etc to confuse the users if they look into Task Manager.

If you want Windows to automatically start the application at each startup, then create its shortcut and paste in "Startup" folder in Programs menu.

Oh yeah, It works in all Windows versions.

You can download the file using from the attachment:
    Attached Files Attached Files

ok, please bear in mind this is not THE BEST WAY to achieve disabling copy and paste and that an EXE process that behaved in a proper none CPU hogging way would be the better way to do it. However with the limitations we have on this board i post scripts that everyone can use. Rather than attach a written EXE that might scare people into thinking it was a virus. I suppose i could attach an EXE that would achieve the same thing, if i was asked to

anyway to use the script do the following

open notepad

paste this code into notepad (not including the word "code" )

Code:
    Set objIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
    objIE.Navigate("about:blank")
    l=0
    DO
    objIE.document.parentwindow.clipboardData.SetData "text", ""
    Loop until (l>1)

then save to desktop as disablecopypaste.VBS

note it MUST be saved as .VBS file, not a .TXT file.

then run the script (double click it) and in task manager lower the priority of the script process to LOW. To prevent the computer respose being to slow. Then open a notepad or whatever and try to copy and paste text . To bring back the ability to copy/paste, end the script process in task manager.

Note the process the script runs under is wscript.exe

Thanks.It works