Thread: How can i club Vista with Server 2008 in a single DVD

idea How can i club Vista with Server 2008 in a single DVD

Hello Friends,

Is it possible for me to club Windows Vista with Windows Server 2008 in a single Dvd? Can any one tell me that whether it is possible for me to do so? Does any one have any idea about this issue? Kindly let me know your views on the above issue.

Thanks a lot.

Re: How can i club Vista with Server 2008 in a single DVD

I don't think the Language Packs for WIndows Server 2008 have been released yet. The Betas have only been English, German, and Japanese.

If you mean REPLACE then yes it can be done.

First off you have to spend several thousand dollars for a set of Licenses for Server 2008. Or you will have to reformat every 4-6 months to keep using the trial version.

It’s simple and straight way to merge Vista x86 and Vista x64 editions (DVDs) in a single DVD.

We will merge Vista x64 editions into Vista x86 DVD, because Vista x64 DVD has 64-bit contents that can’t run under Win32 mode but Vista x86 content can run under 64-bit environment easily…and one more thing Vista x64 DVD has only four editions, so we have to execute less commands.

How to:

1. Install WAIK in your Windows (doesn’t matter you are running Vista or Windows XP)

2. Make two folders, say Vistax64 and Vista-All and copy both Vista DVDs x64 and x86 versions correspondingly.

3. Run WAIK command prompt (Run As Administrator if UAC enabled)
    Start--> All Programs--> Windows AIK--> Windows AIK and PE Command Prompt

Each n every Vista edition has an index no. in the install.wim (WIM file), you can check using the following command.

4. Imagex.exe /info E:Vista-AllSourcesinstall.wim

5. Execute the following command with appropriate INDEX no. to exports a copy of the specified image to another WIM file. (Vista x64 to Vista x86)

6. After execution of above commands Vista-All ‘s WIM file will be the universal WIM file that contains all version of Vista..! you can only export your desired only too….I have made a Vista DVD, which includes Vista Ultimate x86 and x64 version only…it fit to single layer DVD too.

7. Now the time to make bootable DVD image, Microsoft ships oscdimg.exe, a command line to make CD/DVD images with WAIK….her e is the a single command that make Vista Bootable DVD ISO image