Thread: What is SAP and ERP?

What is SAP and ERP?

Hello , Being a Newbie in Technology Filed I often see these acronyms in job section and I understand that it is software , but I can not find anything Related to it . how they work can you help in clearing my doubt any these subject Thanks You in Advance for your replies

Re: What is SAP and ERP?

Hello , SAP is more than accounting software is an integrated software which covers most of the funding requirements of a business (accounting, management control, taxation, billing ...). SAP belongs to the family of ERP (PeopleSoft as I think ..). Many large companies use SAP as almost entirely finance software that is why you often find job vacancies.

SAP is the best ERP software in the world.Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is an enterprise-wide information system designed to coordinate all the resources, information, and activities needed to complete business processes such as order fulfillment or billing.

The SAP ERP application is an integrated enterprise resource planning (ERP) software manufactured by SAP AG that targets business software requirements of midsize and large organizations in all industries and sectors. It is the successor product to SAP R/3.

SAP ERP includes four individual solutions that support key functional areas:

• SAP ERP Financials
    • SAP ERP Human Capital Management
    • SAP ERP Operations
    • SAP ERP Corporate Services

source-wikianswer.com

ERP stands for enterprise resource planning.To elobarate, An enterprise means a business setup,Resources means many like men,machine,money etc, planning means a frame work to carry out the tasks.So Generally there are lot of ERP package vendors in the market like,SAP,Oracle,BANN,JD Edwards,SIEBEl etc.Each vendor is specialized in one or many resources.SAP comes under ERP Package which gives business solutions to a business setup in all areas like Finance,Sales,Costing and materials etc.

AshishERP Guest

Originally posted by Samira
    Hello , Being a Newbie in Technology Filed I often see these acronyms in job section and I understand that it is software , but I can not find anything Related to it . how they work can you help in clearing my doubt any these subject Thanks You in Advance for your replies
    ERP like mentioned by others is Enterprise Resource Planning. Here is the wiki-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterpr...ource_planning

SAP is a major ERP provider around the world.

Are you looking to implement ERP in an org or are you looking to get in the field?