Thread: Retrieving Mail After Reinstalling outlook

Retrieving Mail After Reinstalling outlook

Hello , My System has a virus ,and OUtlook was not working so I have Reinstalled outlook but My Problem is that I need a IMPORTANT Mail that was Stored in outlook express? I Have not Formatted my System and also Havent done any changes but my mails are not visible in newly installed outlook express Thanks in advance for your Replies

Re: Retrieving Mail After Reinstalling outlook

Hello , You Can locate your old .PST file (normallyfound at C:\Users\(username)\ AppData\local\Microsoft\Outlook; you may have to adjust folder view settings as its a hidden file), and connect it to Outlook using 'File|Open|Outlook Data File'.

Open outlook On the File menu, click Import and Export. Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next. Click Personal Folder File (.pst), and then click Next. In the File to import box, specify the path and file name of the .pst file you want to import.... I'm not sure what you mean by deleting current settings on the new drive?? Outlook.pst stores addresses and messages...

outlook won't erase your emails. All your emails are in one .pst file in your application data directory, and your archived mails in the same directory but in a different .pst file. A typical location is: C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook As to how to get data out, best way is to reinstall outlook and export your mails. You could also try other email clients that can import outlook emails well, like Mozilla thunderbird.