Thread: Copy contents of protected PDF files

Copy contents of protected PDF files

Hi,
    I have some PDF e-books, i want to copy their contents, but the problem is they are copy and print protected, so how can i copy their contents?

Please help me...its urgent...

Thanks for any help.

Re: Copy contents of protected PDF files

A little application called Text-Mining Tool, which extracts unformatted text from a number of sources, including "locked" PDFs.

For pdf to doc conversion we recommend Smart PDF Converter. It's easy to use and retain layout, formatting and graphics.

Text Mining Tool is a freeware program for extraction of text from files of the next types:
    pdf, doc, rtf, chm, html without need to have installed any other programs like Word, Arcrobat, etc.

The beauty of the program is that it works, extremely simply, on almost all common forms of documents. That includes HTML web pages, both DOC and RTF document formats from Microsoft Word and others like Open Office, Windows Help files ending in CHM, and portable documents using PDF format.

Its comfortable and easy usage is defined by the following key features:

• No payment or license restrictions. Tool is absolutely free.
    • Works as converter of PDF, DOC, RTF, CHM, HTML files to text.
    • User-friendly interface with hotkeys available.
    • Console tool minetext for automation of text converting is included.
    • .NET 2.0 framework based.
    • No installation is needed. Just unpack the program and use.

Download Text Mining Tool (8594Kb)

However i have found one way to bypass this restriction :

send the pdf file as an attachment to one’s Gmail account - Gmail provides an option to view the file as HTML and text can be extracted from there (I have tested this trick ).

This is probably illegal, so use it at your own risk. Some PDFs on the internet have a copy protection to make sure you cannot copy-paste any content from the PDF into a document you're writing. To circumvent this protection there are several tools available on the internet. BUT USE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK !
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

john_mayer1981 Guest

Adobe Reader software is the global standard for electronic document sharing. It is the only PDF file viewer that can open and interact with all PDF documents.
    The standard security provided by PDF consists of two different passwords, "user password" and "owner password".

There is no direct method to protect PDF file with password, until unless PDF editor should be there, to protect PDF file you should have to use third party PDF Protection tool so that your important PDF file can be secure and protected. I can refer you a software link which can help you definitely to Protect your PDF file using password.