Thread: Unable to install Alcohol 120% in Windows 7

angry Unable to install Alcohol 120% in Windows 7

Hello Guys,

I'm running Windows 7 as my operating system. Recently i had downloaded the latest version of Alcohol 120. The problem is that i'm unable to install it on my system. When i try to install Alcohol 120 on my system it ask me to reboot. But after rebooting the system it again ask me to reboot the system. Can any one tell me why i'm unable to install Alcohol 120 on my system? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly help me out to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to install Alcohol 120% in Windows 7

First off make sure your hard drive or partition is cleaned.

• Use Alcohol 120% and mount the ISO to your virtual drive. You can use the trial version, it's free from the free download website.

• Once you mount it, it will run the installation at first in a window, you can then choose to install it by upgrading or clean installl. I just upgraded it as I am dual booting with Vista as well.

• Your machine should restart and then continue installation as usual.

Hope so this may help you out.

This error message is from Microsoft, Microsoft put this block and will probably remove it in the RC1 Windows Vista version. The trial and retail versions of Alcohol currently available are not working on Windows Vista, however there is work made on this and when the Windows Vista will retail Alcohol's new versions will support them.

Contact Alcohol Soft about upgrades or other possible solutions to make this program compatible with Windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlin View Post
    Hello Guys,

I'm running Windows 7 as my operating system. Recently i had downloaded the latest version of Alcohol 120. The problem is that i'm unable to install it on my system. When i try to install Alcohol 120 on my system it ask me to reboot. But after rebooting the system it again ask me to reboot the system. Can any one tell me why i'm unable to install Alcohol 120 on my system? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly help me out to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance.
    look, I have the same problem!!! And it was working, i just cannot install it again... this is the message that I have posted
    "I was working with 1.9.8.7612 (latest) on my Win 7. Had to uninstall. "Uninst" was giving me error messages. deleted manually. Now installing again and everytime i get to installation process (SPTD screen), its asking me to restart the computer. after restart program starts again, and when STPD installation screen goes on I get the same message.... to restart my computer, and so on. What do I do? cant even install Daemon tools, gives me the same message. "

According to me, first off all you need to make sure your harddrive or partition is cleaned. Then use Alcohol 120% and mount the ISO to your virtual drive. Not sure if this applies to windows 7, but on some motherboards for Windows Xp you have to turn on native or IDE feature on for hard drive controller. Windows XP will not install if it's on SATA mode, and maybe windows 7 is the opposite.