Thread: Subtitles and captions problems

Subtitles and captions problems

Subtitles for the film by the method: navn.avi navn.srt put in the same dir.
    I have 2 computers. On one (heavy machinery), I see movies with. Srt subtitles in Media Player on the other (less powerful, but new) I can not see the subtitles. Although it is the same film and the same .srt file I have passed on it. This computer contains enough of a TV card. But it may mean that I can not see subtitles?

Subtitles missing from recorded TV movies!
    I talked with a supporter of the business where the machine was purchased and he said that "We do not have promised that it can record subtitles and it is something he has seen before that these TV cards can not.

Could this have its correctness?

Has anyone had experience with subtitle recording with TV card?
    I have a tvtuner Hauppauge HVR-4000
    Programs: I have tried with WinTV, Microsoft Media Center and Power Cinema. The result is the same.

Re: Subtitles and captions problems

Yes. I would advise you to use VLC player instead. Superior in every respect and free.

Mediaplayer can by default not show subtitles, but if you install VobSub (It's a DirectShow plugin which can handle subtitles) you will see the subtitles with the normal windows Mediaplayer also simply to have the same name on the files (So navn.avi and navn.srt). Just Google VobSub.

Thank you.
    The first problem with why I can not see subtitles in my recorded movie has not been resolved.

The second problem is to return.
    When I want to watch movies with subtitles (navn.avi + navn.txt) I am indebted. At the same time, I had an explanation for why I can see subtitles on one machine and not on another.
    I did well enough not to install VobSub but search in google and customs and thus I discovered that K-lite codec has the same capacity. I found quickly that I have K-lite codec on my first computer and not on the other. After installing K-lite codec, I can now see subtitles in movies on my other computer.
    But this improvement has no bearing on why I can not record movies from the television with subtitles.

Can anyone come up with an explanation, and preferably an option to record movies with subtitles from TV?

If you use DVB-T tuner to record the films, subtitles may not be included from TV (Or let me say that I have not seen any software which can). This is because at the TV (both DR and TV2) on DVB-T is a separate data stream to the subtitle. ie. the subtitles are not hardcoded like. At least some TV programs do. I have a Media, and it can not record subtitles from TV using DVB-T tuner. So I do not record movies that are, for example. French or Honkong karate movies or similar. They must be viewed with the same.

Thanks for the good explanation.
    This must mean that you have to buy hard disk recorder for a media center if you want to watch foreign films here. But thank you, you need to explain. It is always nice to know foreign not feasible.

But can you explain why the hard disk recorders cant take the subtitles in foreign films or indeed the old VHS recorders. This pure newbie doubt- hope you have an explanation for this.

It is actually in my previous post. The reason why it can be taken by analog recording is that the subtitles are stored into the picture and image, and subtitles are sent out as a signal (Stream). Where in the DVB-T is sent as 2 signals (Stream) can be looked at the analogue does not turn subtitles off, as you can on a DVB-T tuner.

You can easily incorporate subtitles in sending analog (DR and TV2 on analogue reception, or for most cable / common antenna. Because it was usually sent out analog). I do not know about hard disk recorders, which can run the DVB-T can record subtitles with. I've only had Analogue HDD recorders. I would guess that they can, but do not know whether they can do it as separate subtitle stream, or whether they put it "upstairs" picture.