Thread: Outlook 2003 Deleting Stored Email Addresses

Outlook 2003 Deleting Stored Email Addresses

Hello,

Does anyone know how to clear addresses (outlook 2003) that automatically appear in "A" when You type the first letter of a contact? actually This are not the contacts I save in my address book but This are store somewhere in the PC from the time it was sent , I Think I have Sent 'one email to that person. actually My aim is to erase some of those addresses because they are Used Once Only and when I Want TO send a mail to my Freind , this addresses appear which is not good . It's been months that I am inquiring at first but nobody knows the answer. I hope you can help me .

Re: Outlook 2003 Deleting Stored Email Addresses

Quote Originally Posted by Akshita View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone know how to clear addresses (outlook 2003) that automatically appear in "A" when You type the first letter of a contact? actually This are not the contacts I save in my address book but This are store somewhere in the PC from the time it was sent , I Think I have Sent 'one email to that person. actually My aim is to erase some of those addresses because they are Used Once Only and when I Want TO send a mail to my Freind , this addresses appear which is not good . It's been months that I am inquiring at first but nobody knows the answer. I hope you can help me .
    You open a new message in A. and types the first letter, you move the highlight on the address that you want to delete, then you press the Delete key on your computer. And voila. You repeated the same for each address to delete.When it suggests an email address, hover your mouse over it and press the del key. This is Really simple

Quote Originally Posted by Effren View Post
    You open a new message in A. and types the first letter, you move the highlight on the address that you want to delete, then you press the Delete key on your computer. And voila. You repeated the same for each address to delete.When it suggests an email address, hover your mouse over it and press the del key. This is Really simple
    Hello , You can Do this The other way is by opening the profile folder and deleting the .nk2 file.Open up windows explorer, and paste the following into the address bar:%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook Delete the Outlook.NK2 file that you find in this folder.

Outlook now remembers and stores the e-mail addresses you type in the From, To, Cc, and Bcc boxes. When you begin entering an e-mail address that you typed previously, Outlook automatically recognizes it and completes the address for you. To accept a suggestion, all you have to do is press the ENTER key.Sometimes you may not want an e-mail address to appear repeatedly. In that case, it's easy to delete it from the suggestions list.
    To delete stored e-mail addresses from the drop-down box Use the arrow keys to select the e-mail address you want to delete, and then press DELETE.

Quote Originally Posted by Effren View Post
    Hello , Guys I am ashamed! It was so simple as that? Anyway you made my happy and soon I Will Also Spread This thing to other persons who was also facing this same problem Thanks you for the solution