Thread: rebooting itself / page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

rebooting itself / page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Hi. I'm using Windows XP and everytime I try to start up my computer it just reboots itself. Sometimes an error message comes up saying "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" and under "technical information" it says "STOP: 0x00000050 (0xC1F00000, 0x00000000, 0x8081B123, 0x00000000)". I've heard some people say it is a memory problem and can be caused by playing computer games. Well last night I was using Google Street View - will this have anything to do with it? Also, some information I've read have advised changing settings, downloading something or uninstalling something but I can't do any of this if my computer restarts itself in startup. Any help will be greatly appreciated and please explain thoroughly and use simple terms 'coz I don't really know anything about this kinda stuff lol
    Thanks!
    (p.s. I'm using a friends computer right now)

Re: rebooting itself / page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Faulty hardware. Stop 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM). If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. You need to run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owners manual for your computer.

Buggy system service. Often, the installation of a buggy system service is a culprit. Disable the service and confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer of the system service about a possible update. If the error occurs during system startup, restart your computer, and press F8 at the character-mode screen that displays the prompt For troubleshooting and advanced startup options for Windows 2000, press F8. On the resulting Windows 2000 Advanced Options menu, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.

Antivirus software. Antivirus software can also trigger this error. Disable the program and confirm that this resolves the error. If it does, contact the manufacturer of the program about a possible update.

Corrupted NTFS volume. A corrupted NTFS volume can also generate this error. Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition. If you cannot start the system due to the error, use the Recovery Console and run Chkdsk /r . For more information about the Recovery Console, see Troubleshooting Tools and Strategies in this book. If the hard disk is a SCSI disk, check for problems between the SCSI controller and the disk.

Source : Microsoft

Re: rebooting itself / page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

I have the same problem.It's a device failure.That means that one of your drivers doesn't work correctly.I have this problem on new windows 7.And i have a wrong graphics driver.So i am using windows xp driver on w7.In compatibility mode.I have integrated graphics so i can't replace it.And that graphics doesn't have driver for w7.That should be a problem.But may you don't have graphics problem.It's may usb device problem or sound card.Try reinstalling your windows and try again.If the messege still appears...Go contact your mainfoucriers or i am not perfect at english so i don't know how to write this.Or go to store where you buy your pc and ask them about what a problem is.