Thread: Windows Marketplace, an example of greed

Windows Marketplace, an example of greed

A few weeks ago, Microsoft has revealed details about the price of its new Marketplace app for Windows Mobile, which is Redmond's answer to iPhone Store respectively. The developers will pay $99 membership to see them on the app store and Microsoft also will treat the 30 per cent of earnings.

Nothing strange in fact to be developer of the Apple App Store. The figure to be paid is the same, same goes for the earnings, but two things in store for Microsoft is more greedy.

Developers who submit free applications have to pay the registration fee, in addition to these upgrades are considered a new submission.

In other words every time we send an update of our application we should pay $99 to Microsoft, even if it is a small update. Also you can send only 5 apps per year.

This new app store is so bad.

Re: Windows Marketplace, an example of greed

Maybe Microsoft asks too much money to the poor developers, but perhaps we will think twice before loading an application. In this way the software will be sold better quality.
    Dell C610 PIII 1Ghz
    Docking station
    DLink Radio
    Codi DC/DC adaptor

To distribute (legally) an application for iphone you must register and pay on app store.

To deploy an application to winmobile (of course the speech up to now) does not have to sign up and pay marketplace to anyone. I have my beautiful web (also hosted free) and then I download my application, if my application is good .. people will talk and being on my site will be visible + to those published on marketplace.

As usual apple can do it, if only because it is the only company that makes apple mobile phones. Microsoft is not the only company to make mobile phones with windows.

So I think it is for us to use its marketplace. Will most likely something to apple install applications only from the marketplace.

Meanwhile it should be noted that to deploy applications for Windows Mobile and like, you are forced to use the Windows Marketplace and then as has already someone rightly pointed out, the better instead of having to select 30,000 applications for which the majority are to produce software or other amenities of the sort.

But there is to consider the fact that the developers have to buy the Apple SDK iphone, which is not stuff for nothing, instead the developers have the MS .NET Framework for free. And there are no restrictions on the API you can use, something that happens with the App Store!

The stuff is outrageous that we must pay for every update
    This discourages alot especially because developers should set an app for old customers from which there is not more money but there forgiveness for the update.

While iphone sdk is download for free if I am not mistaken.