Thread: Error while opening iTunes

Error while opening iTunes

hi,
    i get error message When I try to open Itunes "The ITunes Application Could Not Be Opened. A required ITunes component is not installed. Please repair or install Quicktime. (-42404)".What do I do to get my iTunes working again? Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Error while opening iTunes

• Download and install QuickTime alternative if you haven’t already got it. If you have it already skip this step.
    • Download iTunes installer.
    • Unzip iTunes installer with WinRAR.
    • Inside you will find five .msi files such as, AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi, AppleSoftwareUpdate.msi, iTunes.msi, iTunesSetupAdmin.msi and QuickTime.msi, DELETE QuickTime.msi.
    • Open command prompt in admin privilages (in Vista) and navigate in command prompt to the unzipped folder, and type the following command :
      msiexec.exe /i iTunes.msi /quiet
    • Thats all enjoy iTunes without the added hassles of QuickTime.

hi,
    QT Lite is a lightweight version of QuickTime. Contains only the essential components required for playing QuickTime videos in your favorite web browser.

You could do a system restore or you could try removing iTunes & Quicktime altogether from your pc, then reinstalling, see if all the components come through then . It will remember your pc so won't wipe your music files, have a back up just in case. I've uninstalled mine before now and its been fine.

Assuming you're using Windows... go to the apple website and re-download QuickTime, JUST QuickTime, not the iTunes file, and reinstall it. There are two options - select the second of the two.

OMFG Re: Error while opening iTunes

I Had Itunes On My Computer.i Put Songs On My Ipod About 2 Weeks Ago. I Tried To Open Itunes Today To Change Some Of Them It Would Not Open, So I Deleated Everything Itune On My Coputer,restarted It.tried To Download Quicktime And Itunes And It Keeps Saying File Corrupted. Help !!! Help !!! Help !!!

That means from where you are trying to download, that file may be corrupted. It is happens, there is nothing to worry. try to download it from from some another location and make sure you dont pause it in between. By doing so, many files use to get corrupted.

Hm, try following this Apple guide on how to reinstall iTunes and its related components. Follow the exact order as described:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

This should eventually fix the iTunes issue you are experiencing.