Thread: Error 80048848 : Windows Live Messenger

Error 80048848 : Windows Live Messenger

Do not know why but every time I try to log on to MSN Messenger 7.5 will not let me. I get the following message:

<<You were not able to log on to MSN Messenger likely a problem with your Internet connection. Try again later.
    Msn Messenger has tried several times unsuccessfully Login. It is possible that the firewall blocks the connection to the Messenger server. Check the configuration of the firewall. For more information, see the instructions of the distributor
    Error code: 80048848>>

I really do not have any problem with the connection is connected to all the web page section for this problem is not temporary because I've installed and reinstalled several times and I waited a couple of days and then try and pass me the same. When I click Troubleshoot to tell me that the gateway has no connection ... Use window xp, I passed this with any other version (including the 7) and not why or how to fix it. Previously worked perfectly but does not suddenly come out this problem ... Appreciate your help please ...

Re: Error 80048848 : Windows Live Messenger

Problem : When you log into an IM window will appear with the error code 80048848. Then we give you the solution to this error 80048848.

Soution : Error 80048848 in MSN Messenger is when the lease time waiting for a connection. For your msn messenger opens first hooked faster Internet Explorer and then re-login to the messenger.

If you are using programs like Emule download to try disconnecting msn messenger can use all the bandwidth and faster connection.

Hi,

I had the same problem when I upgraded to MSN 7.5 and was unable to connect similar to the others with 80048848 messages.

re-registered the required dll's. I was Very frusterated!

I insist you to Uninstall it and start over with a new download. None of the other complicated solutions worked for me.

Watch LATEST TECH NEWS AND TIPS to enhance your computer skills.

Knowledge is universal and must be shared by all, exchanges enrich us

cool Re: Error 80048848 : Windows Live Messenger

I had this problem running Windows Vista Home Premium with Windows Live Essentials pack. I could not get online at all and the error message came up with "Family Safety software is unable to connect to the internet from this machine. Please check your network settings and confirm that your network cable is plugged in." Error code: 80048848. I checked to make sure my proxy settings were not checked and they weren't and turned off my Norton security for Messenger, as suggested by others. This still did not allow me to get past that Family Safety error code. I resolved this by removing my Family Safety program and my MSN Messenger, since I don't use either one. I think that cripples the ability of Windows Live Essentials to diagnose and send me emails/messages to solve computer problems, but that program couldn't help me anyhow since I couldn't get on the internet to get any messages. Anyhow, now back on the net after 2 months of downtime. Hurray! P.S. Family Safety program has caused problems with this laptop from the getgo and none of the Windows updates seemed to resolve its problems.