Thread: missing export MFC42.DLL:6877

missing export MFC42.DLL:6877

Hi!
    An strange Error occured after loading the windows. the Error says as "error starting program the BARTSHEL.EXE" & file is linked to missing export MFC42.DLL:6877.

ThumbsUp Re: missing export MFC42.DLL:6877

The executable part of the PeoplePC internet connection having some trouble or other with it. The error you are getting relates to the dll file mfc42.dll which is a common user file.

Before you started getting the error message did you install or uninstall any programs? The chances are that an install of a program installed a different version of this dll or the removal of a program deleted the file.

Things to do:
    1. From the Start Menu choose - search -> for Files or Folders. In the search window choose File & folders. Enter mfc42.dll as the file name and click search. You should find copies in a number of locatiosn such as:
    C:\i386
    C:\Windows\system32

If there isn't a copy of the file in \Windows\system32 then you can COPY the one from C:\i386 to C:\Windows\System 32.

Check the file's properties, it should be 1..4kbytes dated 4 Aug 2004.

What is bartshel.exe?

bartshel.exe is apparently some kind of utility installed by People PC's dial-up service. You can remove it if you don't use People PC.

Re: missing export MFC42.DLL:6877

Even i facing same kind problem...... ? PLEASE HELP.........

When I put my "ISP disk" into my older, second computer I immediately get the message: the bartshel.exe file is linked to the missing export MFC42.DLL:6877
    Have no idea what this means or how to correct.

The computer is a compaq presario 2266 with windows 98.

Contacted my ISP and they say to rerun the disk (they are assuming I am getting on line but just having an error message). I've informed them that the computer will not accept the disk and now they want me to phone them to fix the problem - I do not know how that will help since I cannot run their disk or get on line.

Any suggestions?

Bartshel is a program by people pc to let you view your favorites on their website. I think the problem may be the actual program itself is having a conflict with your pc. If youre trying to install the internet software on the disk I would reccommend right clicking on the cd drive in my computer click explore and see if it will let you install using install.exe or setup.exe. If you are using it to access the internet by just using the cd then it maybe the cd itself is bad or conflicting with software already installed.

Thanks So Much....i Thought I Had Done Something Wrong To My Computer. Once Agian Thanks