Thread: To add Application in Quick Launch Bar in Windows ?

To add Application in Quick Launch Bar in Windows ?

hey friends,

I want to add Microsoft Outlook Express(as I use it the most for my work) and also some other applications to my Quick Launch Bar. I have tried doing so on my own but was unable to find it. Well, I have Windows at home and need your help if someone has an easy solution on how to add programs/application in my quick launch bar ?

Thanks in advance...

Re: To add Application in Quick Launch Bar in Windows ?

It is very easy once you realize what applications you want to add.
    Follow these steps:

First step - To turn on the Quick Launch area.
    You can either do that by right-clicking on the taskbar and choosing Quick Launch from the list of possible Toolbars, or you can right-click and choose Properties, one option of which is to show the Quick Launch area

Next step - To find the folder that contains the specific application you want to add. In your case it's Microsoft Outlook Express. You find the folder by right-clicking on the desktop shortcut I have, then choosing "Properties" and clicking on the "Find Target..." link

Next thing - you will see is the folder that contains the icon in question

Make sure you pick the application, not one of the helper files or data files or dynamic link libraries, etc., or you'll have the wrong thing in your Quick Link toolbar!

Final step - To drag the icon from the application directly into the Quick Launch area of the Taskbar. That should just add the shortcut of the application you have selected in the Quick Launch Bar.

The Quick Launch toolbar is located on the taskbar and is a convenient way to open programs. You can add or remove program icons on the Quick Launch toolbar so that you have easy access to the programs that you frequently use.

If you don't see the Quick Launch toolbar, right-click an empty area of the taskbar, click Toolbars, and then click Quick Launch.

Click the icon of the program you want to add (you can find most program icons on the Start menu or the desktop), and then drag it to the Quick Launch toolbar.

To add an application icon to the Quick Launch toolbar, do the following:

>Find a menu item for the application.
    If you use the application a lot, it’s probably on the Start menu’s quick pick list.
    If not, choose All Programs from the Start menu, select Microsoft Office, and then right-click the Office application. Do not left-click the item, as doing so will remove the item from the Start menu.

>Drag and drop the item to the Quick Launch toolbar. When it’s okay to drop the item, Windows displays a thick black line to indicate where Windows will drop the application’s icon. Windows will place the icon to the right of the insertion pointer.

>Release the mouse and choose Copy Here.

The toolbar is small, so add the applications you use the most. You can also add files to the Quick Launch toolbar. For a quick start, add the files you work in every day to the toolbar.

If you cannot find the Quick Launch toolbar, choose Toolbars and check the Quick Launch item.