Thread: How to count number of words automatically?

How to count number of words automatically?

hello friends,
    I am a computer typist. My job is to type large documents within the specified number of words. My question to you all is - are there any tools available that counts the number of words in a given document automatically ?
    Any help regarding this will be appreciated....
    Thanks in advance

Re: How to count number of words automatically?

One of the easy and interesting way to ease your job is-
    once you have finished with composing document and saved it, you can simply copy and paste the entire document in the link below:
    Check WordCount
    Click Submit.
    This automated tool will result the number of words in your document.

This way you can check the number of words in the wordcount and accordingly edit the document.

In Word 2002, there is a new toolbar called Word Count. You can open it by Selecting View >> Toolbars >> Word Count.
    Once your toolbar appears, you can check the number of words in your document by clicking the small arrow beside [Click Recount to view] and selecting Words. The total number of words will be displayed in the field. Interestingly, you can also count by lines, pages, paragraphs, and characters. You can update the value by selecting the Recount button.

For keyboard users, once you have opened the Word Count Toolbar, you can easily get an updated number by pressing ALT + C (instead of having to click the Recount button).

matthewforu Guest

you can count thewords easily with the feature called as word count , you can download openoffice , its free on the net . Then type the words in the words of the openoffice . then go the Tool > word conunt , it will tell you the no of word typed .

I wanted to count the number of times each word was used in a document but couldn't find a way. I finally found a tool that counts each word and phrase which was handy. I could sort the list by name or count so that let me find which words I was using the most. It is called myWordCount.