Thread: Transfer my music to itunes

Transfer my music to itunes

Hello Everyone,

Can any one tell me that how do i transfer my music to itunes? I have downloaded some songs from the internet and i would like to transfer them to itunes. Does any one have any idea about it. Kindly suggest me your views.

Thank you.

Re: Transfer my music to itunes

You can share your "My Music" folder on Windows, connect it to your system. Then open iTunes, and drag the iTunes folder from your windows machine to your iTunes window. iTunes will copy all files to it. When it finishes, it means that it has copied all the files.

To make the move as easy as possible, be sure your music is all in one place.

1. Open iTunes Preferences:
    • Windows: Choose Edit--> Preferences.

2. Click Advanced.
    3. Look to see if the checkbox for "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" is selected.
    4. Select the "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" checkbox.
    5. Click OK. Note: Clicking OK will cause iTunes to copy all of your music files to another location on your computer. You will need to manually remove the files from their previous locations if you are concerned about drive space. If your computer does not have enough hard-drive space this process will not work correctly. Please speak to your computer manufacturer or Microsoft for more information on how to obtain more space to perform this action.
    6. Choose File--> Library--> Consolidate Library. A window appears reading: "Consolidating your library will copy all of your music into the iTunes music folder. This cannot be undone."
    7. Click Consolidate.

You could also just set up a shared folder on your PC and then connect it to the PC. If you named the shared folder "PC Music" then right-clicked it --> sharing--> check the "share this folder on the network" box, you should see the choice to connect to "PC Music" in the the window that pops up. Again, you should be able to drag and drop anything you want copied.Once you have all your music on thesystem, just run iTunes (you can even copy over your playlists and they should work on your system in iTunes).