Thread: Winrar - Extracting Corrupt Files

Winrar - Extracting Corrupt Files

hi,
    i recently did a complete fresh install of win xp pro, with a brand new hard drive.the problem is the video that i downloaded is nearly more than 10 file,2 files near the end of the archive are incomplete.I even tried 7zip, winace, and tugzip to no avail! Every other program on my computer is running nice and fast. Is there any chance (or program) that will allow me to extract the remaining rar files?

Re: Winrar - Extracting Corrupt Files

Step 1: Download the file or files that are corrupted again.
    Step 2: Extract using WINRAR. Problem should be solved.If you downloaded the file again and it’s still corrupted, make sure your downloads are 100% downloaded. Sometimes the download ends abruptly near the end. Check file size. Usually only the last file has a different size, all others should have the same size. Compare the file sizes to see if the problem is from the download or if it really is the file that’s corrupted.

In winrar there is an option that says ignore crc errors and keep the file if errors occour. because normally after errors, it deletes the file so this option prevents that. also, i have had that happen to me several times... and here is what i did to counter measure that.target drive has low disk: give it ample space to extract stuff. delete your temp files. empty trash.defrag the target disk.

hi,
    Zip File Recovery Software is an professional file repair software tool to recover, repair and restore files and folders from corrupted or damaged .zip files. Recover Data for Zip File Recovery Software uses advance recovery techniques to recover...

samjoseph Guest

You can repair your zip file with the help of third party zip recovery software. I know one zip recovery software whose name is Stellar Phoenix Zip Recovery. This software uses the powerful algorithm to scan corrupt data and repair and restore it. This software definitely helps you.