Thread: Problem updating Yahoo Mesenger

Problem updating Yahoo Mesenger

hello

I have serious problem regarding my yahoo messenger. I am unable to update my yahoo messenger. I recently downloaded a corrupt fiel and the yahoo messenger got disturbed. So i reinstall it and tried it from genuine site but it is not allowing me now.

Please help me regarding this problem

Re: Problem updating Yahoo Mesenger

try the direct approach where you grab / download the entire exe file rather than the wee installer...

v8.1.0.209 (for Windows 98 / 2000 / ME / XP) released 30 November 06
    available for download directly from Yahoo's servers, you can grab it from...
    http://download.yahoo.com/dl/msgr8/us/ym...
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I have a PII 266Mhz system, 128MB RAM, 20GB HDD. I am not able to install the Yahoo messenger. it startes to install and then doesn't even install by 1% even after 1Hr online. i have tryed this couple of times. please tell me what to do. Installing Yahoo messenger 6.0

When windows ships, it is loaded with a version of messenger. If you goto ADD/REMOVE and then select the side icon for 'Windows Components" you will see a new list of special windows apps. Scroll to the bottom and you will see windows messenger with a check box. If you dont want it, that is how to uninstall it. IF you DO want it, you need to update it when it pops up as an option in your tray (Lower right side of task bar). Many people go online and download the newer version and the result is that they now have TWO versions running on there computer. If that happens, you need to make sure you open programs (from start menu) and open the newer version, which currently is 7.0.

Check Program Files for remaining Folders of Norton/Symantec
    Run CCLeaner to remove both temps and run a Registry cleanup too, dont just run the reg cleanup once, do it a few times as it will find more unused keys.
    If Vista's inbuilt update fails to update what error message do you get? check against these or type the error into the search box at top of page http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

9.0.0.2136 is the latest yahoo messenger. Rather than letting it update itself, download the setup from here and install it. Uninstall the previous version.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_yahoo_messenger/