Thread: Blue screen with windows media player

Blue screen with windows media player

I start with uninstall MP 11 and I reinstalled, but still the problem. I am looking for the update, nothing new, a patch for XP and sound card drivers and graphics (and thank you asus nvidia has released a single driver at the exit of the PC is very pro), but also white cabbage.

I decided to restore the system, I direct the balance oldest in memory, the computer restarts, loading xp and ottoman blue screen (so the speed of light), it restarts and poof same. I decided to start it without fail, no BSOD but not XP starts and loads without reacting.

Seeing that there is no exit, I decide to format and reinstall xp. installing everything nicely, I install IE7, kaspersky, I began to install MP11 and i got blue screen. impossible to install.

Strangely the sound card works without problems because Titan Quest Heroes and 5 work.

Thank you in advance for any help!!
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.

Re: Blue screen with windows media player

You format your pc and stop using this player, use winamp 2.95 plugins with MAD is excellent.

You propose to change the video player software by another while the windows is fairer machine (made fairer since WMP does not show itself) ...

In short, you provide not a solution but a band. When you have a problem of ram that prevented the installation of windows, you also install linux ?
    NO!

So ...

you'd better to check with a kind ultimate bootcd-boot and test the basic components of the PC (hdd, ram and cpu).

Codec problem except that when I come to format .and sometimes even has a blue screen at the install I think I'll follow your advice and if everything works I change the drive.

As against it I need one with a library as mp11 because it serves as my pc as its juke box (not 7gb music downloaded on my pc).
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.

Seeing that there is no exit, I decide to format and reinstall xp. installing everything nicely, I install IE7, kaspersky, I began to install MP11 and i got blue screen. impossible to install.
    Therefore, it can only be a matter of codec since the machine was formatted and then reinstalled. He install WMP11 on a sound machine! Outside, if already, the machine crashes when installing the application, the problem is that, although provoked by WMP, is not due to the application, but the environment of the machine.

Out on a freshly installed machine, if AC plant is that the pb is elsewhere other than WMP itself!

Just a matter of logic and deduction! In addition, the pc I have installed ... The install VLC did the machine Was it the fault of VLC? it is not fully install on other machines, so the problem was elsewhere. I reformatted to ensure me.

it was simple, drive died after the event viewer ...

Check if the components do not work, we should know if you install WMP11 from the Windows Update or from a standalone exe.