Thread: AIM Error Code 3

AIM Error Code 3

hi,
    I am using DeadAIM version 4.5 .I know the connection here is weird cause they throttle a lot of bandwith but I am not sure on that. I believe mine is the only one that signs on and off like it does. None of my friends even sign off randomly.Also sometimes AIM messes up and I can't send messages or view buddy infos. If I am trying to send a message it leaves it like i just typed it and never sends it. and eventually says Error Code 3 when i sign off. Any ideas would be highly appreciative.

Re: AIM Error Code 3

This means your code has caused a low level crash, doing something wrong in a way that we didn't managed to detect early enough to throw a nice managed exception for it.Unfortunately such problems are a real pain to debug. The only thing I can suggest is to binary search, disabling parts of your game until you narrow down specifically which area is causing the problem.

On my AOL Instant Messenger I get the error message "Error Code 3 Received From Server." And most of the time I cannot directly connect with other users to send and receive files. I get automatically signed on and off all the time and cannot IM people. PLEASE HELP, this is highly annoying. I scanned for viruses and none were found.

Also, make sure that when you uninstalled Deadaim that you did it by running the installation file again and then select "remove." Any other method will leave it some of it behind (i believe even add/remove programs doesn't entirely remove it). And for aim make sure you removed the aim95 folder after you uninstalled it. These methods will insure that you will have deadaim and aim completly removed. Then you can install both again.