Thread: Internet Explorer 8 could not be installed

Internet Explorer 8 could not be installed

Hello,

I downloaded the Latest release of Internet Explorer 8 Which is Available on the internet for some time. my Actually problem is that When i Try to install Internet Explorer 8 It Gives Following error Mesage Internet Explorer 8 could not be installed. You must restart your system to confirm that any changes to your system are undone.then i Restarted my Pc But nothing happen Please Help me Solve this Problem thanks

Re: Internet Explorer 8 could not be installed

Use Windows Update to update Windows and Internet Explorer To complete this method, follow these stepstart Windows Update, and check for updates. If you need the steps, here they are:

1. Install all important updates. If you need the steps, here they are:
      • If any important updates are available for your computer, install them. To do this, click Install updates.
      • If you are prompted to restart your computer after all the updates are installed, restart your computer.

Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you receive a page that contains the following text: No high-priority updates for your computer are available

Try to install Internet Explorer 8 again. To download Internet Explorer 8, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/ie8

You can also Try Temporaily disabling antispyware and antivirus software Before you temporarily disable your virus scanner, make sure that the Windows Firewall is enabled. After you complete the steps, enable the virus scanner again.Antivirus software is designed to help protect your computer from viruses. You must not download or open files from sources that you do not trust, visit Web sites that you do not trust, or open e-mail attachments when your antivirus software is disabled.To complete this method, follow these stepsisable antispyware and antivirus software. To do this, right-click the appropriate icon for the antispyware or antivirus software in the notification area. Then, click Exit or click Disable.

Scan your computer for malware.
    How you scan your computer for malware depends on the malware-protection programs that you have.Important If you use your own antivirus and anti-malware software, update the antivirus and anti-malware definition files before you scan your computer.If you do not know how to update your antivirus and anti-malware definition files, or if you do not know how to scan your computer, an easy and free way to do this is to use the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner. To use the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner, follow these steps:

Note The behavior that you see on the Windows Live OneCare Web page might be a bit different from what we describe here, but basically this is what will occur. The Windows Live OneCare safety scanner is downloaded and installed on your computer the first time that you perform a scan. The scanner will inspect your computer. Then, it will give you results and recommendations when the scan is complete. This might take a while, so be prepared for that.

Note If you currently have no malware-protection programs installed, you can download a 90-day free trial of Windows Live OneCare. To do this, click Download free trial under Get continuous protection for your PC with Windows Live OneCare on the Windows Live OneCare Web page.