Thread: Import eml files into Outlook Express 6

Import eml files into Outlook Express 6

Hello!

My Constellation:
    Amilo Notebook VISTA (Home Premium SP1), Thunderbird 2.0.0.14, Vodafone Mobile Connect (VMC) Card Express, Windows Mail.
    For Questions & Answers is an indication that can not function:
    Import data from Windows Mail - you choose Outlook Express 6
    in VISTA?
    (The same proposal for importing data from Outlook Express 6
    Thunderbird works under XP on a laptop.)
    I'm as indicated FAQ proceeded, had contacts (for
    Contacts) is selected, it was not imported.
    How can contacts from Windows Mail to import?
    Greeting

Re: Import eml files into Outlook Express 6

Hello !

Windows Mail is Outlook Express Actually, yes, under a new name.
    That would have to import the same way as in the OE. I've never done, because I, except for testing purposes, Windows Mail ever since I worked on Vista, had refused. But if the direct import of the address book does not work, then you could try, from your Windows Mail address book into a format to export to the bird then digest well, so you can import yourself.

The same problem also, I had the here from the other proposed solutions do not work or almost not. Also on the Thunderbird help pages will always claimed that Windows Mail and Outlook Express are similar to each other, and therefore operates the import from there to Thunderbird quite simple, but it is not true. My version is more expensive, but at least it works: The hook is, it is quite a burden, and you need a DSL connection, otherwise it will take days:

1. If not already available, then install Microsoft Office. The 60-day trial version is free), this includes Outlook 2007. A safe way to download exclusively Outlook, I have not found. Mostly you need to download two files, together they are over 600MB in size, the installation went smoothly with me, you have the larger of the two files to install.

2. Any Office application open, which one takes, does not matter (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.). It opens a window for the completion of online registration, are required second, smaller product key is not needed (the time is via e-mail and occasionally appear, the one should note).

3. Office application again. Now open Outlook. The establishment of an e-mail account, perform. If this introduction salad is done, then File-> Import button. It opens a small window, the top entry from another program or file import "and" Next "button. "Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x or Windows Mail" and "Next". The rest of the import, I must state, which explains, of course, if you carried them out.

4. If this is done, then open Thunderbird, Tools -> Import in the same green out.

5. Must note: As I closed Thunderbird was running Outlook 2007 with secretly in the background and got the message from the server, although it is also closed was! Microsoft would not just Microsoft ... So, then, Microsoft Office 2007 will be uninstalled. Unless one is suddenly on the taste .

You can just save the Outlook Express .dbx files which contain all your mail rather than saving each one as an individual file.

For more info see this article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/support.../q270/6/70.asp

Hi,

You can also try with Outlook Transfer utility.
    Watch LATEST TECH NEWS AND TIPS to enhance your computer skills.

Knowledge is universal and must be shared by all, exchanges enrich us