Thread: Unable to open project in Visual Studio

Unable to open project in Visual Studio

hi,
    I've created a fresh Silverlight 2 project and solution with VS2008 9.0.21022.8 and 3.5 SP1 Framework The project doesn't opens in Visual Studio I am getting this error :Unable to get the project file from the web server.Unable to open web project '<My Prj Name>'.The file path '<Path of my virtual dir>' does not correspond to the URL 'http://localhost/<my prj Name'.
    Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Re: Unable to open project in Visual Studio

hi,
    There is a file named .vbproj.webinfo. This tells the IDE where to open the project file from. I've had to edit this file whenever I've moved or renamed a ASP.NET profile folder.I found the only workaround was to do the following:
    * Delete the old solution.
    * Right click the project file in IIS and open it (this will create a new solution in VStudio).
    * Add any other project files to this new solutiuon.

hi,
    easiest is to create your virtual directory in IIS first with the name that you want. This way you can place the project files where ever you want. then in VS create a new project and name it the same as your virtual directory and then VS will correctly map to it.

I've created a fresh Silverlight 2 project and solution with VS2008 9.0.21022.8 and 3.5 SP1 Framework The project doesn't opens in Visual Studio I am getting this error :Unable to get the project file from the web server.Unable to open web project '<My Prj Name>'.The file path '<Path of my virtual dir>' does not correspond to the URL 'http://localhost/<my prj Name'.
    Find the “VSWebCache\” folder under your Documents and Settings folder and delete it and try it again.or it may be caused by the excluded files.
    remove them or inlude them to the related project