Thread: Soft subtitles for videos

Soft subtitles for videos

Hello,
    I have a fairly urgent (like tomorrow) and I need to caption a video!
    I want to try to text, video, I try just to do this + / - with a soft with all correct method ... So I'm calling for help, if you know!
    Thank you in advance!
    Then he died; but he had neighter burial nor tomb, for so fiery was his spirit that it sped his body fell to ash and was borne away like smoke... Thus ended the mightiest of the Nolder.
    - DREWSKI

Re: Soft subtitles for videos

Personal I use subtitle workshop: free, simple and lightweight. Anyway, tomorrow I think you will not be able to complete according to the timing, checking and encoding. Well it depends on the duration of your video too.

5 min 37 sec, and this is a presidential address, so it's not necessarily serious if all is not well aligned.
    Then he died; but he had neighter burial nor tomb, for so fiery was his spirit that it sped his body fell to ash and was borne away like smoke... Thus ended the mightiest of the Nolder.
    - DREWSKI

Or maybe you created a text file, you write the timings followed by the text and you rename it to srt.

This also can be made extremely easy by a free tool called AVIAddXSubs. AVIAddXSubs allows you to embed subtitles to a AVI movie which can be played on almost any DivX supporting DVD player.

To use the application, at first you need to make a few preparation.
    1. First copy the AVI movie file and the subtitle file to a folder. The subtitle has to be in the SRT format. If it’s not, use Subtitle Workshop to convert it into SRT and also sync it to the video if necessary, as described on my tutorial.

2. Rename both the AVI movie and the SRT file with the same name. For example, movie.avi and movie.srt.

3. Now open AVIAddXSubs and select the video file. You can also drag the video file to the program’s executable without launching the program. You can also drag multiple AVI files at the same time to this program and incorporate subtitles into them in single session. Each of these AVI files should have a similarly named SRT file. Additionally, you can add up to 8 different subtitles to the same video file.

4. Customize the font size and other parameters of the subtitle by clicking on the configuration tab.

5. Once you are done, click Create and you get a DivX file within a few minutes. AVIAddXSubs does not re-encode the entire video file – the subtitles are inserted in the AVI as an additional stream and work the same way as the subtitles offered in normal DVDs. This is why the process happens fast. Also the resulting file is just 2 to 3 MB bigger in size.

The resulting DivX file is capable of playing on a DivX player and no additional subtitle file is required. Simply turn on subtitles on the player to enjoy it. This file can also be played normally on a media player like VLC or GOM Player.