Thread: How To Change Default HTML Editor ?

How To Change Default HTML Editor ?

Hello, recenlty While opening a Windows Html File it ask me and then I set "notepad" in the choice of HTML editor, I can not remove it and since all my files open in notepad and all of my shortcut icons are block note. Can you help me? Thank you

Re: How To Change Default HTML Editor ?

Hi,

you do a right click on the HTML text file, you choose "Open with .." then you choose the default program to use. Do not forget to check the little box: Always open with this program.Your problem might be solve

Yup the method effren stated is correct But if have not understood clearly then check this threads below How to Set Default Program to Open files ? complete with pictures you might find it easier

To create file associations for unassociated file types
    If you receive a message that Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open a file, follow these steps to create an association between the unknown file name extension and a program that will open it:

1. Right-click a file that has the extension that you want to associate with a program on your computer, and then click Open.
    2. Note If the Open command is not available, click Open With or double-click the file.
    3. Windows XP displays a dialog box that says that Windows cannot open this file. The dialog box offers two options for selecting a program:
      • Use the Web service to find the appropriate program
      • Select the program from a list
    4. Unless you want to find and download software that opens this file type, the best choice is to select the program from a list.
    5. Click Select the program from a list, and then click OK.
    6. The Open With dialog box is displayed. Use one of the following methods to select the program that you want to use for this file type:
    7. In the Programs list, click the program that you want.
      • Click Browse, locate and then click the program that you want to use, and then click Open.
      • Click Look for the appropriate program on the Web to browse the Internet for the program that you want.
    8. Click to select the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file check box if it is not selected.
    9. Click OK.