Thread: Office 2003 / 2007 Loss of file permission

Office 2003 / 2007 Loss of file permission

I have an issue here that seems to have stumped everyone I've asked, hopefully someone will have seen this so here goes:

Windows 2008
    Office 2007

(no network mapped drives as this is all being done via Citrix)

1) User opens a Office 2003 file using Office 2007.
    2) User makes a change, chooses Save As, and keeps the document in the same format (I.E. ppt not pptx)
    3) User then goes to find the file to re-open and the file has dissappeard.
    4) Admininistrator logs on to find the file is indeed in the correct folder where the user saved, however the permissions for the file have been removed. The only permissions on the file are Administrator.

Adding the users group back to the file will correct the permissions and the user will be able to see the file and open.

If anyone has seen this issue please lend a hand, because this one is killing us. My lead engineer beleives is has something to do with the way permissions are being set on the TMP file that gets created as part of the process of saving a file in 2007.

Thoughts?

Re: Office 2003 / 2007 Loss of file permission

This problem occurs when the Windows operating system that is running in the Terminal Server session is using the Folder Redirection feature. When you try to open or to save a file in an Office program that is running in that Terminal Server session, the Office XP program must populate the file list in either the Save as dialog box or the Open dialog box. When the Folder Redirection feature is in effect, there may be an abnormally long delay while the operating system tries to access the redirected folders from within the Terminal Server session.

i also had a similar problem I had the DB set to auto compact the file. When it did it created a temp file which was inheriting the wrong permissions and transferring them to the orig db. Weird. Never seen that before. It was happening on a local machine too.

set the correct permissions on the Citrix Diagnostic Facility(CDF). check the Citrix/Server administrators groups to the local "Distributed COM Users" group.also if you are using Custom admins, ensure their 'view' permissions on objects such as "View My Knowledge Configuration", this will also due to some AMC permission issues.