Thread: Problem with Canon 350D Digital Camera driver

Problem with Canon 350D Digital Camera driver

I have recently installed Vista 64 bit recently. I have loaded all the software that came with my Canon 350D camera but Vista says it need to install new divers for a Canon Digital camera when I connect it via USB. It can not find any drivers on the install disc and recommends I install drivers for a "EOS KISS_N REBEL_XT 350D". I have checked the Canon website for the drivers and found no reference to the recommended drivers? I have found update for the software that came with the camera which I have applied but it still says it's found new hardware when I connect the camera.

I have done a google search which brought up several sites none of which appear to work.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this working.

Re: Problem with Canon 350D Digital Camera driver

Canon still does not support Vista x64. Here's a trick that I found to work:

1) Install 32-bit Vista drivers. You normally get the EOS Solution disk with your camera body. Just use those.
    2) Here is the magical bit... On your camera, change the connection mode from PC Connection to Print/PTP.
    3) Now connect your camera to your Vista x64 pc.

Voila! It works like magic. =)

for me i am back to xp for now till Canon figures this out

I purchased a Toshiba laptop and have Vista Ultimate 64 bit. It will absolutely NOT let the camera run, nor will it run ANY of the Canon software!

I tried regular install, Admin install, moving the programs from the 64 bit program file area to the 32 bit program file area, etc.

I have long been a fan of Canon, but they are totally unresponsive on this issue. No replies to inquiries of any kind.

Any suggestions?

A good friend of mine shoots Nikon, and he has no problems whatsoever with his Vista Ultimate 64 bit operating system and his camera/software

I had same problem. I tried the Canon customer support and got several additional steps to try. None of them worked. The only thing that worked was the setting of the camera itself to the PTP for the communication setting of the menu.

It's too bad you have do do this work around, it does not allow for the same level of control as the pc communication setting.