Thread: Bug in the Iframe height related to IE8

Bug in the Iframe height related to IE8

Hi,

When I had communication with my colleague regarding Internet Explorer 8 about its New feature and the drawback that time I come to know that there is Bug in the Iframe height related to IE8,Is that True, I would like to hear more from you Friends.

Appreciates you Opinion.

Re: Bug in the Iframe height related to IE8

Yes, whatever have u heard is true but just have a look at the following which will help you understand.

http://htmlhelp.com/reference/html40...al/iframe.html

The IFRAME element defines an inline frame for the inclusion of external objects including other HTML documents. IFRAME provides similar functionality to OBJECT. One advantage of IFRAME is that it can act as a target for other links. However, OBJECT is included in HTML 4 Strict while IFRAME is not.

IFRAME's SRC attribute provides the location of the frame content--typically an HTML document. The optional NAME attribute specifies the name of the inline frame, allowing links to target the frame.

The content of the IFRAME element is used as an alternative for browsers that are not configured to show or do not support inline frames. The content may consist of inline or block-level elements, though any block-level elements must be allowed inside the containing element of IFRAME. For example, an IFRAME within an H1 cannot contain an H2, but an IFRAME within a DIV can contain any block-level elements.

The LONGDESC attribute gives the URI of a long description of the frame's contents. This is particularly useful for full descriptions of embedded objects. Note that LONGDESC describes the frame content while the content of the IFRAME element acts as a replacement when the external resource cannot be inlined.

Wait why are you using a frameset doctype? Just because you are using an iframe doesn't mean you need to use a frameset doctype. In fact an iframe is normal HTML. Its not a frameset. Once you find the proper doctype to use. Either transitional or strict you will need to set the html and body to a height of 100% in the CSS.

What you could do is display the iframe in a table, and set the height and width of the table, then set the height and width of the iframe to "auto".

I've tried styling the iframe directly. Again, in IE this works fine, but in Firefox the height seems determined to stay incorrect if I use a percentage value.

I keep thinking I must be doing something wrong if what I'm doing works in IE but not a Mozilla browser. Apart from having to add <body style="height:100%; margin:0px;">, IE is rendering how I would expect a browser to from my understanding of CSS, whereas Firefox is not.

So perhaps I've just misunderstood CSS.