Thread: I Need Help With Video Conversion

I Need Help With Video Conversion

Ok, so i am very ignorant when it comes to computers, so please try to keep any responses in laymans terms. what i would like to do is burn some avi movies that i downloaded onto to dvd so that i can watch it on my dvd player. i know that i need to convert them and burn them, but i am not exactly sure what formats or program to use for burning. here is the challenging part... i am a poor public school t4eacher and do not want to spend any money! this is where im at so far... i downloaded a freeware version of Quick Media Converter v. 3.6.5. I do not know if i need to convert to DVD or VCD, pal or nts, 4:3 or 9:6, mpeg1 or mpeg2, etc. (i guess oyu could say i dont have the first clue). then, once i have converted, what can i use to burn with onto dvd-r? please help! i am a movie junkie and just need a fix, haha.

Re: I Need Help With Video Conversion

hey for burning nero is best and you need to convert from avi to mpeg1 to play those movies on your dvd player and if your player supports divx format then you d on't need to convert them.
    Do not email me asking for tech support. Any private support is billable at $50 an hour.

Yogesh Guest

Thread moved from Guides & Tutorials to Windows Software.

ThumbsUp Re: I Need Help With Video Conversion

You will need nero to burn your DVD. convert your files to mpeg format 9:6 would be a better one. then select burn video DVD option from nero. nero will automatically convert the files to a suitable format. or try to burn without conversion. nero encodes the video files to DVD. might not always work! so prefer converting first! all the best!

Prism is a free video converter for Windows and Mac. It can convert video files from avi, wmv, 3gp and more into avi, asf, wmv, mp4, 3gp and others. It can also convert your DVD discs into many different formats.

There are lot of other features also:

You can download that from the following Link:
    http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/

hi

ya use nero latest version and to make video dvd you need to buy special videodvd for good quality .