Thread: Inability to Delete messages from Outlook in Windows Xp

Inability to Delete messages from Outlook in Windows Xp

Hello.
    Recently I have messages I can not delete it from my Outlook Express! These are correspondents friends, not suspects. I can delete other messages normally. What have I done wrong as manipulation ?
    Thank you.

Re: Inability to Delete messages from Outlook in Windows Xp

Hello

How do you to delete? Drag and move to the Trash work? The message is it closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    Hello

How do you to delete? Drag and move to the Trash work? The message is it closed?
    Good evening,

thank you for reply

This anomaly occurs at a friend (of my older generation ...) I try to advise him in his discovery of the communication on the net. I selected the message in the window "messages" and I clicked the "delete" (next to the toolbar). Nothing happens. Similarly with the right click on the message and "delete", the message remains. However, following exactly the same procedures some other messages disappear without any problem. Messages are closed. I have not tried with the drag and drop. I go tomorrow.
    Good evening.

these mail might be bulky (± 10MB) ?
    because sometimes the removal process can take time ± 1 minute.Sometimes I delete mail without going through the trash box, holding down the Shift key while I press Suppress. Otherwise, you can also identify the file Inbox and delete it, OE recreate the opening. You can also completely reinstall Outlook Express , where messages to keep you export to a file that you import with the new Outlook Express .

Quote Originally Posted by Effren View Post
    these mail might be bulky (± 10MB) ?
    because sometimes the removal process can take time ± 1 minute.Sometimes I delete mail without going through the trash box, holding down the Shift key while I press Suppress. Otherwise, you can also identify the file Inbox and delete it, OE recreate the opening. You can also completely reinstall Outlook Express , where messages to keep you export to a file that you import with the new Outlook Express .
    Yes, that's true, mail are 5 to 6 Mb. I did not wait much perhaps after the click delete. I can not be risky to remove the file "inbox", but if it is then recreated by OE, I will explore this solution. Similarly reinstall OE, which I have not tried yet because I am afraid of any Problem with my friend and did not know then leave it. I tried the formula SHIFT + DELETE, and it works great. so we will not ask questions and complicate life.Thank you very much and see you later