Thread: Backing up to USB stick

Backing up to USB stick

Hi all, Recently when I tried to Backup to my USB stick, using windows XP back up program,I get an Error message I don't understand.when I click on the back up on the USB stick and also I cannot see the back up of my files please Help! Thanks,

Re: Backing up to USB stick

Quote Originally Posted by DACIAN View Post
    Hi all, Recently when I tried to Backup to my USB stick, using windows XP back up program,I get an Error message I don't understand.when I click on the back up on the USB stick and also I cannot see the back up of my files please Help! Thanks,
    If the backup is bigger than 4GB then it probably won't fit on the stick because most of these sticks uses the FAT32 file system.

You will need to quote the message exactly without paraphrasing for anyone to help you with the error. Also, are you just trying to back up files and how large is the USB thumb drive? What file system is the thumb drive formatted?

Backup may also be to big for the drive and fail. Try re-formating usb drive to ntfs file system..For concise answers to help us help you please quote the error msg lettter for letter.

Please make sure that your USB ports on the computer works properly or just make sure that ur USB stick is functioning properly