Thread: Cannot log onto windows

Cannot log onto windows

When i try to log onto windows, the welcome screen appears and it says click on your username to begin but there are no user names. So i hit ctrl alt delete and it gives me the administrator box to log onto. However it will not execept any password that i could think would be the password and when i just click ok it says my account has been disabled. please see your system administrator. can anyone help?

Re: Cannot log onto windows

Hi If this is a new computer call the manufacturers eg Dell or HP they will guide you into resetting the system. If its out of guarantee and u know a bit about computers u can take your HDD out connect it to another computer save all your files. Put your HDD back and reinstall the OS. Good luck

Mahluli2

Did you create a seperate account and leave the Main Admin one alone, then use that to change yours, otherwise have a look on the net for a password changer.

use Lock Smith on a Winternals CD to reset forgotten passwords. This cd has many other useful utilities as well.
    This is a bootable CD which allows you to access the hdd in case of o/s failure. The company has been acquired by Microsoft so i don't think this CD is available anymore. have a look at www.winternals.com

I have heard you can reset the password with a bootable Linux CD as well, but i don't know how. Maybe you can search on google for the answer.

Have you tried booting from the "password reset" CD?

Try: SFC /SCANNOW

And running EVERY tool in Dial-a-Fix. It's a swiss army knife of common fixes for borked windows machines. It re-registers DLLs, repairs permissions, reinstalls services/features, etc.