Thread: Antivirus 2009 ?

Antivirus 2009 ?

I CAUGHT Antivirus 2009 yesterday and since I downloaded SDfix, I restart in Safe mode, I tried a classic applicant on f8, but nothing was working, so I tried to do by writing msconfig in the menu (RUN) and since my computer no longer wants to light up, it is looped, it made several beeps and returns to page of black failure mode choice . so I try all day yesterday and it is looped

what do I do ? a big thank you in advance

yes it does 3 time and after that black page with the choice of Safe modes

does it make beep sound at the very beginning even before loading the bios!

If that it is the case then it would be malfunction of RAM. Have you tried System Restore?

It does make 3 beeps during loading, and I mean just before the home page of my mother . I cant do a system restore because I have any access to my office .

tyuivbn Guest
    Are there any hardware problem?

idea

install threatfire (a virus definition database and scanner which works in background and prevents viruses from being installed or run) along with your antivirus and scan ur system using that.i too did that and it worked well to satisfaction..

for info:
    Windows antivirus is an trojan virus and leaves no option rather than format if left unattended for long time. it may lead to hard disk problems also.

Where can I get threatfire? Is it available for free download? Is Antivirus 2009 is what is called Windows antivirus? In that case it seems to be dangerous for my PC as it has been there for some time now. I think I must consider to format now before my system hangs up completely. Before that I wish this threatfire to do some magic!

idea

yes antivirus2009 is same as windows antivirus and its dagnerous as it disables almost all windows operations.

threatfire(by PC tools) is available at
    (
    Code:
    http://www.threatfire.com
    )
    its a 21 MB 100%free software...
    you 1st download and run this software...i hope it should work (worked for me though)...
    if it doesn't do format it as soon as possible...and then install threatfire along with anyone of these recommended antivirus softwares for best protection of pc/laptop
    -avira antivir
    -avast
    -trendmicro
    x-symantec(norton2007) (i hate this 2 bulky)
    -mcafee
    -webroot
    -avg
    -spyware doctor or PCTools AntiVirus Free Edition™ 5

That was a great information thanks a lot. The threatfire file size is not so big so I'll download it tonite. Lets see what happens.

As for the recommended antivirus, I trust on my Symantec. I am using it from so long time and it works just fine

well good if u trust symantec...if u face any prob do rply...

My nephew got this malware and it took me almost a week to clean it from the system. First I dl the program called " Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ". It is free and did almost all of the work. But that one was not enough. I used also Lavasoft Ad-Aware program, ATF cleaner and some other registry cleaning programs. You can find them on the web. Then I also googled a little bit and followed the instructions there. If you have MS Antivirus 2008 the Malwarebytes would be enough. Not this new version. So, my advice is start with this. It will not be easy. I was so mad that I wanted to reinstall Windows to get rid of the problem.

ThumbsUp

Quote Originally Posted by riba43 View Post
    My nephew got this malware and it took me almost a week to clean it from the system. First I dl the program called " Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ". It is free and did almost all of the work. But that one was not enough. I used also Lavasoft Ad-Aware program, ATF cleaner and some other registry cleaning programs. You can find them on the web. Then I also googled a little bit and followed the instructions there. If you have MS Antivirus 2008 the Malwarebytes would be enough. Not this new version. So, my advice is start with this. It will not be easy. I was so mad that I wanted to reinstall Windows to get rid of the problem.

plz do read my post in this topic it might help u in future..

If you Bart CD (Boot CD), boot the computer with that and then run a complete virus scan....

Re: Antivirus 2009 ?

Quote Originally Posted by harakim View Post
    As for the recommended antivirus, I trust on my Symantec. I am using it from so long time and it works just fine
    Obviously not well enough