Thread: Realtime Alerter xp login/lock

Realtime Alerter xp login/lock

Hi All,

I'm searching for a very Specific tool which alerts me when someone logs on to his xp and locking, the users will be logging to the DC, i just need an alerter and it should save to a log, what user when he logged, how long he locked, when he logged off.

Regards,

Hello SSuperdoc,

I am not getting exactly what you need. Its clear that you want to log all the sessions for the users in a log file. But is this requirement meant for situation where there are numerous of XP users and you are on some server? Or is it for a single XP machine and you are also on that XP or similar client machine? For the latter, you can go for the audit policy option that is already there in XP.

What actually is meant by alert? Is it like giving a siren when someone logs in or like giving some message in the form of pop-up like, or kind of Ticket that is said in technical terms?

Hi JonathanD,

I'll try to be more appropriate this time. We're using Office Communicator 2007 here, each Office communicator client is connecting to the Office communications server and in every Office communicator Client there is an option "Tag status change alert for this user" it is visible when you right click the targeted person, so this pops up saying "User went away", "User just logged in", User is now available" every time a person logs off it shows away, when he logs in it pops up in bottom sayin he's available and offline when he logs out. I want a similar software that can do this job and save it to a log, we have about 30 users here and each person is logging into domain account on the client, my boss wants me to find similar way such as the one i mentioned of Office communicator 2007, If you know how to accomplish this i would be glad and i dont want the Audit policy option since i can't go to every single person's comp to check it.

Regards,
    Last edited by SSuperdoc; 28-08-2008 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Correction