Thread: New to batch files i need a bat file to show free space remaining on HDDs on remote servers

New to batch files i need a bat file to show free space remaining on HDDs on remote servers

Hi all

im new to batch files i mean really new here

i have had a look round and i have seen various ways of doing this but tbh with you they dont make sense to me having not done any thing other than the most basic batch files before

what i need to do is have a batch file that i can run on my machine that comes back with results that show the space remaining on drives of various remote servers

any ideas or help here as i said i pretty much know nothing about batch files so if you can explain the code that would be een better

Re: New to batch files i need a bat file to show free space remaining on HDDs on remote servers

You should be able to figure out the free space by using the PowerShell command from this link - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../ee692684.aspx

Re: New to batch files i need a bat file to show free space remaining on HDDs on remote servers

You can try using a nice tool for this purpose. It is called as Hard Disk Space Monitor Tool. This tool can give you full information about the disk space left in network pc. It give you the number of partition, drives, total size, volume name, file system and space left. It is quiet easy to find out the amount of space on different hard drive in the network. You can also export the entire report in csv or text format. So that you can use it for reference purpose. Just download and run the tool. You just have to specify the domain login and work group. That's it.

There is one more tool which can give you more benefits. You can try ManageEngine Free Windows Tools 2. This tool has many things inside one package. It gives you the disk information of the network. You can find out the amount of space left and other details. It also has a Remote Task Manager tool through which you can manage a number of different task. You can also enable Wake on LAN from it. There is no need to go with any separate configuration. It has a Software Inventory tool and a Remote Command Prompt software. This tool has many benefits.