Thread: Cloud Integration help on Windows Server 2012

Cloud Integration help on Windows Server 2012

Does cloud integration on Windows Server is really helpful. I had seen this feature in the new server edition. For cloud I found that through this one can easily share files through internet and run ample of applications. But still I am not specifically able to understand how this is going to work. Compare to cloud we are having more reasonable file sharing solutions on the web. Can they be trusted. I am talking about services like Google Dive, or Sky Drive. I having some files only to share.

Re: Cloud Integration help on Windows Server 2012

Cloud is not just a file sharing feature. In cloud you can just put your entire network on the web. That can be accessed and controlled from remote location. You can go through some videos on YouTube which will teach you how all this things works.

There are third party services on the web that offers you a dynamic cloud server. There is no need to build up your own. If you use third party subscription you avoid wasting time in setup and applying appropriate security settings. There are many benefits of having a dedicated cloud. You can just install a wide range of different OS on the cloud server. You can run your company applications on the cloud itself. Whatever application you install works through a web browser. So here users does not need to worry about the platform on which they are working. Like on Linux or Mac. Everything works inside a web browser and things goes really well here. They are not so costly. But using Windows server you can create your own personal online storage. The benefit of having this, is that you get a centralized storage location. You can just keep everything at one place, modify the files and share it with others. Skydrive is a kind of cloud storage by Microsoft. Where you can just upload filing your account. You do not have any access to other settings. The new version of windows sever comes with cloud settings. You can configure it easily. It is reasonable for a small network. It also saves money for buying online storage. Just go through a guide that has ample of information for the configuring the cloud server. I think that will be more helpful for you in fixing the problem.

There are different set of products. You are mixing everything at one place. The cloud thing is provided in System Center 2012 where you can create your own personal cloud accessible to limited users only. You can download a trail of the same from web and test it.

You can go with some set of different options to create your own personal free cloud. Windows Server is an ideal choice for the same. I had created a personal cloud at my home where I keep some videos. Those are easy to share with others. Instead of downloading those videos and then copy pasting it in different pc, online streaming is a more better choice. For file sharing there are many things you can go for. You can go for file sharing service like Google Drive which is extremely simple or you can create your own ftp server for upload and downloading files. Other options are SFTP file, WebDAV, Networking Sharing, Amazon cloud, etc. This tools are quiet easy to use and configure. When you use a third party service like Amazon or Google, you are keeping your files on third party servers. Which is safe to some extent. While through ftp you get a personal storage space via web address. It is just an plain downloader site which is beneficial only for distributing files. For getting a personal cloud in windows server you have to download System Center. There are number of different utilities in it.

Windows Azure is the one that you must test. It is a nice ready to use cloud. There is free edition available on the web that allows you to run your own virtual machines, sql server, website, mobile service, and many more things. Below link has the list of all free stuff it provides.

Windows Azure

If you are looking ahead to run your company applications on the web then going for cloud computing is good. But if you are just willing to go for file sharing then cloud is not the right solution here. Azure here is bit advance. It has many things. Azure here is a cloud platform. It is a cloud application which you can simply use to make a web application and run them online. There is a store through which you can collect ample of things for the process. The cloud platform allows developers to build websites on the server using asp.net, php, etc. You can run virtual machines also through which you can migrate different applications from server to server. Data management features are also quiet powerful here along with integrated media services. Cloud platform is advance and has many things. It is just like running a pc on the web. And if you are looking for a simple file sharing support then you can do something different. This will become more complicated for you to handle. So if things are just limited to file sharing then there are ample of things you can go for.

Cloud here is a bigger thing. Windows Server comes with the feature but there are different stuff involved. You can go for ftp or vpn here which will be more appropriate according to me. Cloud is of no use for small enterprise. It is great for large networks.