Thread: Installing Windows server 2008

Installing Windows server 2008

Hi,

I downloaded into a ISO file the windows server and I would like to install it on a different computer that has no CD input. Can I copy the ISO file to USB and then install it on the computer ? Can I install it by run the ISO file with PowerISO and just run setup ? Please help me... If I need to install it from the USB, can you please send me a procedure ?
    Thanks

Re: Installing Windows server 2008

Yes you can definitely do it there are several methods to do it but I have got a very simple method for you. Before you begin up with the entire process you need to know how to make the usb drive or the flash drive bootable.

In order to make that flash drive bootable then make use of the diskpart.exe Utility. If you want more information on that then check out diskpart utility here . You will get all the necessary information out there. Now in order to begin with the installation make sure that you have plugged in the usb properly and note down the drive's serial number with DiskPart. So if you are thinking how would you be able to do that then go to the command prompt and type in diskpart <enter>, followed by: list disk. You will get a long list of disks with their respective serial numbers. You should check which is your usb drive and if you find it then note down the serial number accordingly.
    Follow the commands given below with the help of which you can make the usb drive bootable

1. diskpart
    2. select disk <diskserial>
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. assign
    8. exit

Once done with the commands copy all the contents from the Windows 2008 Setup DVD on to this Flash Drive. Then select the location from where you want to boot the usb drive in the server BIOS. Once done with that you will be able to boot with the help of USB drive.

Thank you very much for your answer. I'll do that. Actually I would like to upload my .net files in to this server. Can you help me with all the configuration, like how to configure the IIS and the SQL server on this windows server ?

Quote Originally Posted by talbe View Post
    Thank you very much for your answer. I'll do that. Actually I would like to upload my .net files in to this server. Can you help me with all the configuration, like how to configure the IIS and the SQL server on this windows server ?
    For configuring the IIS and the SQL server on windows server you can refer to the below article :
    You receive a warning message on the System Configuration Check page of the SQL Server 2005 Setup program on a computer that is running Windows Vista or a Server Core installation of Windows Server 2008