Thread: How to make my system connect to my Windows Home Server 2011

How to make my system connect to my Windows Home Server 2011

I have in conclusion upgrading to the RTM edition WHS2011, and the inauguration seemed to go exclusive of a hitch, other than I am at present having serious issues getting systems to connect. I have comprised and tried mutually through my main rig and my laptop. When I run the connector software, it initially tells me that to facilitate there is an additional install procedure working with or restart pending. When I reboot, that with the intention of this error dissappears and the whole thing seems to run extremely well. It had located the server, I had hit it off next, it warns me my system might restart a number of time times, I had then hit it off next and am then asked for my password. Subsequent to I have comprised and entered the password, I had acquire an error saying "Cannot connect this computer to the network - An unexpected error has occurred" When I hit it off on the troubleshooting link, the merely applicable implication is regarding non-ASCII characters in the system name. My systems are called ScoutPC and MiniMePC so I not be able to observe that being the problem. I have comprised and searched these discussions and online, and so far have attempted the following. I had put out of action my Avira Antivir Professional. I disabled windows firewall on mutually the client and the server. I have comprised and twice checked the user accounts and the information in sequence are correct might I acquire this error if they were wrong or might it tell me. I have comprised and started the Windows Media Centre Receiver & Scheduler services, as they were not in a working condition at present.

Re: How to make my system connect to my Windows Home Server 2011

For this you have to check the several discussion on this topic WHS 2011 connector might not connect, in there most of them talk regarding this similar issue. It seems if you put out of action IP6 and then run the connector software it determines to work. You will have comprised to enter the IPV4 IP address of the server to finish the install other than it does work. This is definitely a bug. There have comprised and been reports of problems attempting to connect to the server and it was associated to dates and times containing Time Zone. They had recently commented on a number of old WHS2011 release notes that with the intention of to facilitate told users to create certain that mutually both the server and PC were set to PST time zones.

I was also facing the similar issue as you were having until I had utilized this thing. The issue is most absolutely related to IPv6. If you go commencing from side to side the GUI to acquire to WHS to download the installer, the URL bar produces an IPv6 address and that to facilitate seems to block the installation. If you acquire to the page via this efficacy, it determine to route you through an IPv4 address. You have to download the utility commencing from this URL and it determine to install appropriately at least it did for me. Seems that to facilitate the routers have comprised and trouble being told to locate a node via IPv6 I have not utilized this tool other than I do plan to attempt it out. I am not certain I agree through you on the router issue. I have comprised and connected a number of systems to the server and the majority of them on the similar router. A number of have worked, some have not. I imagine that the entire of them that to facilitate have not work has been 64bit OSs. In addition, it fails even if you run the correlation setup software commencing from the command line on the local appliance. I determine to test this to be sure other than I think I have it right.

It is merely an assessment. The fact that to facilitate I had hit a brick wall when attempting to converse to my server via an IPv6 address then the problem corrects itself after I had endeavor it through an IPv4 address absolutely suggests the complication lies in that area. On the other hand, in hindsight, my router's no slouch (D-Link DIR-655) so I had actually have to imagine this falls to MS blunder. I do not imagine I be supposed to say my router not be able to locate a node pedestal on an IPv6 address. This is almost certainly more of a communication error that to facilitate springs up commencing from the server attempting to reach a client. On the other hand, I stand by my theory that to facilitate this is a matter of the v6 address receiving in the way. The WHS is supposed to be easy to set up in view of the fact that it's for non-techies to administer and centralize their data other than through the shot-in-the-dark garbage similar to this plaguing the RTM release, it's no matter what other than I might not have even been capable to offer a diagnosis without my background as an IT student.

I totally agree. It is absolutely the method the MS is handling it. I imagine they are attempting to create it easy additional than as I had just presently said in a position on another topic to what end are they are attempting to create it simple. This is supposed to be a product that is merely for OEMs. It seems that with the intention of the MS are attempting to create it idiot proof and in the procedure creating the necessitate for these workarounds. Apparently they imagine OEMs are not extremely smart and necessitate the extra assist installing the software. Subsequent to much frustration I decided to just presently to do a re-install and that fixed the problem, the whole thing is at present working fine. I had position it down to a bad install and fingers crossed the whole thing determine to be happy from now onwards.

I had recently upgraded to WHS 2011 on my PROD box and was not capable to inaugurate the connector. The problem was my Logitech webcam pending file name modify in the registry. I had decided to un-installed the Logitech webcam software. After that I had restarted my system and the connector installed exclusive of several issues. Strange issue other than it was several easy fix after a number of research. In view of the fact that I last positioned on this subject I have comprised and installed two additional 64bit OSs and 1 32bit OS. Both the 64s required that to facilitate the IP6 be to put out of action and the 32bit did not. I do not desire to start in excess off again through this server. On the next install I determine to be sure to test this further. On the other hand, it does seem to be associated through the type of OS.

In this when the server get started, it takes me straight to a screen that with the intention of to facilitate to says "The username or password is incorrect" When I hit it off ok, I am back to the normal logon screen through Administrator as the user. When I type the password it logs me in just presently extremely well. Is this normal. There is merely one error scheduled in the dashboard one or additional services are not working. The service that to facilitate is not working is Active Directory Certificate Services. When I go into services and attempt to start it, I used to acquire an error that says the Windows might not start the Active Directory Certificate Services on Local system, along through a server specific error code 939523595.

I have comprised 4 systems on my WHS network on which three working with Windows 7 Home Premium, and one Windows XP appliance. A small number of months ago my windows XP machine and in my laptop I was not able to logon to the WHS console. Mutually acquired the Incorrect Password error message. Additional than they tranquil had right of entry to the Shared Folders on their desktops and the nightly backups continuous without a predicament. It was one of those if it not a totally broke does not fix it sort of things. Most of them recently shifted to the merely change to our setup was the cable modem and router.

My system started acting crumbling and I have comprised and learned in excess off the years in view of the fact that Windows 3.0 that to facilitate subsequent to 18 months or so it is time for the speedy backup, HD wipe, and reinstall the whole thing routine. The WHS takes care of the backup nightly so that with the intention of to facilitate was previously out of the way. The entire went well through the OS/drivers install in anticipation of the WHS connector maintain shutting down the procedure for the reason that of an Incorrect Password. Additional than the password was not incorrect. I had spent a complete day on the Internet giving the impression of being for a solution. I tried the whole thing I might locate other than tranquil acquire the maddening, Incorrect Password. In conclusion I gave up and called Microsoft. It was merely going to cost $59 to acquire a fix. It was worth it not to waste several more time.

I was working with Windows 7 Home Premium so the secpol.msc/NTLM Response merely was not an alternative. The tech waltzed me commencing from side to side the setting on my machine other than tranquil nothing. They had told me to modify a small number of settings on the server other than on a reboot I might not acquire past the WHS login. Incorrect Password. Most of the users had gave up and told me to reinstall WHS. Easier said than completed. Booting commencing from the WHS DVD I did not acquire the reinstall alternative. And I was not regarding to wipe out 12TB of data through an innovative WHS install. On one occasion the entire in excess of again an entire day attempting the whole thing I might locate on The Internet and still. No Reinstall Option. I was approximately ready to spend on the other hand long it takes to transfer the 12 TB of data, one HD at a time, to additional system computer and attempt a fresh WHS install. I was talking to my friend regarding that terrible prospect when they remembered incredible regarding observing a Windows password bypass explanation on Hak 5.